Need Everybody's Help!!

by Metamorphosis 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Her reply basically is would you want to raise them as a JW? And before i can say anything she says - think how we turned out, pretty good right? i mean we are moral, don't smoke, lead good lives etc... So this gives me a quick easy answer - YES I would want to raise them like that - to be moral, and good, and lead Christian lives.

There are millions living on this earth who can say the same thing, and are now raising their kids that way, AND they're not JWs. (just a thought)

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Well I did not get my bible because I was too busy reading the Stone Witness stuff, Do you have this information?

Now we inquire, If the inches of the floor-lines of these passages represent a year, each, as claimed and admitted by Pyramid students, what date would these measures of the "Grand Gallery" indicate as the end of the high calling to the divine nature, which the "Grand Gallery" symbolizes? We answer, that in applying these inch-years to our present reckoning of time, we must remember that our date A.D. is one year and three months behind the actual date, as shown in Vol. II, pages 54-62. And while this would make no difference in calculating a period from a fixed date B.C., or from a fixed date A.D., it should be recognized in this case. Where the same event, the birth of Jesus, is the starting point, the error in our date A.D. must be allowed for, to reach correct results. For simplicity we will take our erroneous A.D. as the standard, and will scale down the Pyramid figures to correspond, by deducting one and one-fourth inches from them, so that they will correspond with our common reckoning. Thus reduced, they would show (a) 1875 less 1 1/4 equal 1873 3/4; (b) 1882 less 1 1/4 equal 1880 3/4; and (c) 1911 less 1 1/4 equal 1909 3/4, and give the dates (a) October, 1874, (b) October, 1881 and (c) October, 1910 A.D.

This threefold ending is in full accord with what we have found taught in the Scriptures: that the "harvest, the end of the age," was reached in October, 1874, and that the "call" proper ended in October, 1881, while a period would follow during which, though the general call had ceased, the same privileges would be extended to some worthy ones, in order to supply the places of some already among the called who, under trial, will be found unworthy of the crowns allotted to them when they accepted the call. How long this sifting of the consecrated will last, during which some will be granted the crowns of those adjudged unworthy, and their names written instead of some whose names will be blotted out (Rev. 3:5,11), the Scriptures do not, so far as we have yet seen, indicate; but this date, 1910, indicated by the Pyramid, seems to harmonize well with the dates furnished by the Bible. It is but a few years before the full close of the time of trouble which ends the Gentile times; and when we remember the Lord's words--that the overcomers shall be [C364] accounted worthy to escape the severest of the trouble coming upon the world we may understand the reference to be to the anarchous trouble which will follow October, 1914; but a trouble chiefly upon the Church may be expected about 1910 A.D.

Is not this a most remarkable agreement between this stone "Witness" and the Bible? The dates, October, 1874, and October, 1881, are exact, while the date 1910, though not furnished in the Scriptures, seems more than a reasonable one for some important event in the Church's experience and final testing, while A.D. 1914 is apparently well-defined as its close, after which the world's greatest trouble is due, in which some of the "great multitude" may have a share. And in this connection let us remember that this date limit--A.D. 1914--may not only witness the completion of the selection and trial and glorification of the entire body of Christ, but it may also witness the purifying of some of that larger company of consecrated believers who, through fear and faint-heartedness, failed to render acceptable sacrifices to God, and who therefore became more or less contaminated with the world's ideas and ways. Some of these, before the end of this period, may come up out of the great tribulation. (Rev. 7:14) Many such are now being closely bound in with the various bundles of tares for the burning; and not until the fiery trouble of the latter end of the harvest period shall burn the binding cords of Babylon's bondage shall these be able to make their escape--"saved so as by fire." They must see the utter wreck of Great Babylon and receive some measure of her plagues. (Rev. 18:4) The four years from 1910 to the end of 1914, indicated thus in the Great Pyramid, will doubtless be a time of "fiery trial" upon the Church (1 Cor. 3:15) preceding the anarchy of the world, which cannot last long--"Except those days should be shortened there should no flesh be saved." Matt. 24:22

Nor is this all of the wonderful symbolism of the Great Pyramid. Its marvelous harmony with the divine plan is still further shown in another remarkable feature. We should expect that the date of the two great events connected with the close of this age, viz., (1) our Lord's second advent and (2) the beginning of the harvest, would in some [C365] manner be marked at the upper end of the "Grand Gallery," even as his death and resurrection are marked by the "Well" at its lower end. And in this we are not disappointed. In the upper or south end of the east wall, at its top, high above the step, there is an opening connecting with the unfinished space above the "King's Chamber," as shown on the diagram. In the Pyramid's symbolic language that opening says, "Here a heavenly One entered--One who needs no floors to walk upon, but who can come and go like the wind." And Prof. Smyth's careful measurements of this south wall of the "Grand Gallery" inform us that it is not exactly perpendicular, but leans over at the top seven inches.* The Pyramid thus says to us, "Seven years before the close of the high calling [before October, 1881] the great One from the heavens will enter." And it further indicates that from that time--October, 1874--gradually, as indicated by the sloping of the south wall, the call would be drawn to a close and fully end in October, 1881. This, it will be noticed, is in exact accord with the Bible's testimony as outlined in this and preceding volumes of Studies in the Scriptures.

I hope that helps your wife with how Russell came up with some of his end time doctrines! Stuff you wont find in your Bible! but you will probably find it in Divine Plan of the Age all the way to Finished Mystery Book.

Oh, nothing like using Satan organization to express divine light to the wife and false 1914 doctrine as well as exposing WTBTS.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Yes, while most of the quotes can come from the WTS own literature, how far back are you going back for these quotes? 30-40 years? More? A long standing JW will say that things have changed for the better. Believe me if it was this simple by just showing them quotes and such none of us would have family members in the WTS. None of us would've faded away graciously as to keep that contact with family and friends who are still in.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

If he can prove to her the starting of doctrines and how they have changed would that not help her understand false teachings?

I did want to say something, you will probably be a good dad and it would not matter if you are a JW or not! You both will be the same people with or without the WTBTS; not smoking, drinking,and etc,. Those are chooses people make and you both seem to make good chooses and it has nothing to do with being raised as a J.W.

• Gill
    Gill

Metamorphosis - Oh dear! That was the very trap I used to be in! I used to believe that everyone who was NOT a JW was immoral, dishonest etc. What did the real world show me? It showed me that the vast and greatest majority of people are absolute salt of the Earth!

This is the problem with JWs in that they think that only they are good! You and your wife need more exposure to real people in the real world.

Why would a child who is not brought up by JW parents not be a good person?

Even believing that is possible is due to Watchtower mind control.

Only the minority of people are BAD. It's just that they are a pretty noisy and obvious group of people that do a lot of damage!

So people who are brought up Jehovah's Witnesses are not murderers, thieves, child molesters, adulterers? Are you sure about that?

Once this illusion has been discredited, having a child becomes a lot easier. You bring that child up to be a good person who has respect for themselves and others. You don't need a religion to be able to do that!! Consequences of a persons actions are lesson enough for all of us!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Hi Metamorphosis

You have a PM

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Meta

Looks good. I discussed all of that with my wife. She blew her freaking top when I first brought up Rev 18 great crowd in heaven. She cooled off the next day and over the next few months we talked about everything from 607-child abuse.

Funny, she genuinely agreed with every single point I made. Never told on me, even though I was an elder with a lot of responsibilities. LOL that is until the sunday morning when I told her I was going to DA from the platform. lol anyhow.

I hope she will listen to you. I hope her loyalty is to her husband once she sees her loyalty to the borg has been misplaced.

I feel Im a very tolerant person, but once I realized her loyalty was going to be to them and not me, I had to take leave.

Prepare yourself for that outcome.

sincerely

matt

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

All the best with sharing this info with your wife. Reasure her of your love as finding out that the organization you hve trusted for so many years is devestating as I'm sure you know! I would speak to her about the pedeophile problem in the org. As a woman who wants to have kids I'm sure she would want to do everything in her power to protect her child. Maybe getting a copy of Barbara Anderson's new cd would be very helpful. Don't overwhelm her with too much info. Pick a few subjects that you know she will respond to. Don't show anger or bitterness towards the borg as that may scare her.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Metamorphosis,

Your document, although lengthy, is well written and presented. Is it as easy as that? If it was, would there be any high control religious groups?

I can only offer a string of questions.

What do you hope to achieve? Why is your wife a JW? What does she get out of it? What would happen to her if she left? Are her family JWs? What is the most important thing in her life? You? God? Her family? The structure and community of the congregation?

The 607/587 debate crystallised all my doubts, but I had already left, and I had understood and believed it. A lot of JWs don't understand the chronolgy anyway - that isn't what matters to them.

Really understand what matters to your wife first. And consider what you really want, too. What if she won't have a child with you unless you raise it togather as a JW? Will you stay together, childless?

I really do wish you all the best, Meta. There isn't a magic key that will deprogram any JW, and anyone who leads you to believe that showing her this or telling her that will work is doing you (and Mrs Metamorphosis) a disservice.

Other than this: continue to reassure her of your love for her.

Rachel

• reneef
    reneef

IMHO it would not be a good thing to do to have kids until you are both on the same page. it would be a shame for a chiild to enter into the universe if his parents are not in harmony. it would also be a shame to perpetuate another generation of this cult and what the kids go through. good luck to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit