Woman to Face Death by Stoning for Adultery

by closer2fine 22 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Huh - Blondie - that's sounds so "divine." Actually quite sickening.

And Kent, you are right I suppose, although a very long time ago my mother and I actually discussed this very same matter - would JW's stone sinners if they were required. My mom and I (I was just a kid) both agreed not a rainy chance in hell. The funny thing is, those in the Old Testament did it, so whats' the diff? and about freedom of religion - yes - but this poor woman does NOT have freedom of religion does she? I DO beleive in freedom of religion and freedom of choice. What I don't beleive is controlling others lives, even killing them in the "name" of religion. Your religion should be about your relationship with your God, not about forcing others to beleive the same.

The other thing I think about is (and you all here know I believe in God) if God's so great, then why the heck would he kill somebody? He will kill adulteress, will he not? I don't think though, that the "bible" God is the "real" God. My personal feelings are that if some cave man type that lived in the middle of the desert riding around on a camel saw God or something like God, he would be so confused. Nobody sees god anymore, how convenient. I think God was misunderstood, and his authority was used to control people.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

How many accounts of actual stonings are there in the Bible? I suspect that not too much of it actually happened because is sure isn't mentioned much.

• Tina
    Tina

Chop,
    I suggest you read your bible.Stoning=killing,was the LAW,re-read Lev and Deut. Do you even KNOW biblical law? sheesh. Use your head. It was sanctioned and practiced according to their tribal laws. And we're talking about a primitive tribe where women were property,which had a lot to do with these laws.You need to do your research.

NOW PLAYING AT SIMONS MULTIPLEX!
    'The Good,The Bad,The Fundy'

Special Matinee HORROR!!!!
    THIS WILL SCARE YOU,MAKE YOU SCREAM AT NIGHT!!! See-
    'I Was A Teenage JW Pioneer!
    PG-13

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Tina I suggest you actually read my post. I'm very familiar with the Law. My question was how many actual stonings does be Bible recount. That's an entirely different question. It's like how many Sabbath years were actually observed, how many Jubilee's? Do you get the picture or is it beyond your feeble comprehension?

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

There was a cool episode of star trek the next generation where wesley crusher (always gettin into trouble) steps on the grass in another planet, and theres a sign saying DONT STEP ON THE GRASS..well the punishment for that in their planet is DEATH...

kinda deep huh? What happened at the end of the episode? I forgot..i hope wesley died

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

bboy

Actually, Wesley lived to break some laws on Earth as well, at Starfleet Academy. His punishment was a mere loss of credits and therefore another year at the academy to make them up.

LOL,
    Boozy

• Tina
    Tina

Well Prick Chop,
    You miss the point. If it was the law in a patriarchal tribe ,it's enough to know it was there for purpose. One can infer it was used often.

NOW PLAYING AT SIMONS MULTIPLEX!
    'The Good,The Bad,The Fundy'

Special Matinee HORROR!!!!
    THIS WILL SCARE YOU,MAKE YOU SCREAM AT NIGHT!!! See-
    'I Was A Teenage JW Pioneer!
    PG-13

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

One prefers textual evidence, not inference.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Pork Chop:

I would enjoy reading your textual evidence that not many stonings happened in ancient Israel.

Saying that they are not mentioned much in the bible is not a valid argument. For example, how many times does the bible describe Jesus evacuating his bowels? Are we to therefore conclude that this did not happen very much, and that Jesus was the most constipated man that ever lived?

Also, have you considered that there are propogandistic reasons for not recording large scale stonings?

Finally, isn't one barbaric stoning too many?

Expatbrit

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Posrkchop, it doesn't really matter how many times it was actually carried out in the Bible. Even once is too many times.

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit