Woman to Face Death by Stoning for Adultery

by closer2fine 22 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

Closer,
    Thanks for that sad story. It certainly is reminiscent of the Bible.

Tina,
    I agree with your points.

PorkChop, if there is a law in the United States that the punishment is prison for burglary, then it is most reasonable, IMO, to deduce it was carried out. You say that there aren't citations of stonings, but there aren't many citations of the other laws too.

Above all else, it's the supposed law of God who gave it.

It was brutal and to see that some still have such laws is shocking to reasonable persons today.

Pat

• teejay
    teejay

Expatbrit,

... how many times does the bible describe Jesus evacuating his bowels? Are we to therefore conclude that this did not happen very much...

I guess it's true that great minds run in pairs 'cause I was thinking the exact same thing. Never heard of ol' JC smiling or laughing at a joke, or watching a beautiful sunrise, either. He wept, though. Must have been one dreary cat. Death must've been a blessing.
    ------------------------------------------------------

As far as the poor woman living on death's door, along with agreeing with the other comments already made, I think it's a damn shame that the U.S. isn't at war w/ her country. Otherwise, she might get a little help from over here.

As it is, it's only a side bar on 28th page of section D of the newspaper... she'll be forgotten soon enough.

later,
    tj

"Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."
    -- Red (Morgan Freeman); The Shawshank Redemption
  • tdogg
    tdogg

TJ: "As it is, it's only a side bar on 28th page of section D of the newspaper... she'll be forgotten soon enough."

Yeah, just like Afghanistan, before Sept. 11.Why do we always wait untill the situation gets out of hand?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit