Elder for 30 years, lost privelages due to WT Education policy

by justhuman 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• justhuman
    justhuman

This is a really good one. An elder who was serving for more than 30 years, faithfull to the Organization at all means, has lost his privelage due to the WT education policy. The reason was that he allowed his son to study at the university.

Rumors(and everyone knows how do rumors spread in the WT world)are saying that there is a letter to the elders of the local congregations from Brooklyn headquarters, that any Elder, or MS, that sends children to study looses the possition...

Hope this is true, and this will show that WT are turning into more cultic religion than they are...

If anyone has any simillar story, please share it...

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

if his son is at University, that means he is an adult, and I don't see how an adult living away from home at a campus has anything to do with a non relative. The father cannot do anything to prevent it!

And I thought the sins of the sons were not to be visited on the fathers.

But since when did the WTBCS ever listen to a scripture that didn't suit them?

This is just an excuse for some PO?DO? to take revenge and stab an old enemy in the back for any excuse.

HB

• justhuman
    justhuman

hamsterbait

The University is very near, so the son is still stays to the ex-elders house..

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    a letter to the elders of the local congregations from Brooklyn headquarters, that any Elder, or MS, that sends children to study looses the possition

I doubt that rumor. The letter (if there is one) probably says there might be a reason to
    examine the elder's position. It has to be strong to scare the elders into obedience, but
    not so straightforward that it says they would be removed. Afterall, the Borg is short of
    elders. They don't want to remove more. Most removed elders become bitter and start
    examining things for themselves. Better to scare them and try to get them to cooperate,
    but stop just short of threatening them.

Sincere elders (I know- almost an oxymoron) who want their kids to go to college will
    explain how they have to make it appear that they did not support their kid's decision.
    Physical support would have to be "under the table" or perhaps just through MOM so
    the elder can deny it.

This is an organization in serious trouble. Even if your rumor isn't true, the general
    attitude is definitely leaning toward disapproval of any college for dubs. I hear some
    local dubs reading the fineprint, saying it is a personal decision, so they will decide to
    encourage college. Even many adults in my wife's cong. are going back to college.
    They aren't elders, but many are pioneers. Are they going to remove them? I think
    not.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Rumors(and everyone knows how do rumors spread in the WT world)are saying that there is a letter to the elders of the local congregations from Brooklyn headquarters, that any Elder, or MS, that sends children to study looses the possition...

There is/was an elder in a neighboring county who allowed all three of his kids to go to college. They are brilliant kids who won scholarships to an Ivy League university. There were write-ups about them in the local paper as well as a national magazine.

This elder used to be on every assembly program because he was a polished, articulate speaker. All of a sudden, no more assembly parts for him. This happened right after his oldest enrolled in the university. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Snowbird

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

When they flipped back on college a couple of years ago, we had the elder's school a few months afterward. They said at that school that "elders should be setting the example" in regard to NOT sending their kids to "higher education". I took that to be a threat that if you were advocating going to college either in word or in deed by sending your own kids, there would be consequences and the possibility of losing your position.

I doubt they will ever put this in writing but I'll bet that some local BOEs got the same impression that I did and there are probably some COs that will back them up.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

If this is actually true, then they do not apply this standard evenly. I know of at least one man who sent his kids to college years ago, apparently ignoring the counsel of the "organization". Both he and one of his kids became an elder.

By this idiot standard, NOBODY who ever went to college should ever become an elder - and I knew several.

LHG

• R.F.
    R.F.

I seriously doubt this rumor as well. I know of a a few elders that have allowed their children to attend a university and they are still being used on assembly parts and other things. Also, as OTWO said, they are in sore need of more elders......no sense in angering the rest.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oh, one of the best examples of a clash between cult-training and reality:

A good friend of my wife is a totally loyal dubby. She's a pioneer and lives
    her entire life for Jehovah. She is extremely intelligent, but lets the WT dictate
    every move in her life.

She has recently realized that she has no savings and no future. Despite the
    cult training, she realized she needs a college education because she won't
    be able to plan for the future by doing typical employment that dubs are in to.
    (You know, window washing and cleaning homes, part-time jobs that offer no
    benefits but allow you to pioneer and attend all the meetings.)

Her justification is this- "I need a college education because I need a piece of
    paper to get my foot in the door for better employment. Other than that, the
    piece of paper is useless. Young people today (younger than her in her 40's)
    don't need college, as they can just get training early on- perhaps trade school.
    I missed that opportunity, and I live on my own. If I didn't need it, I would not
    go to school."
    That's her internal war with her cult training. She thinks the Borg is right, but
    she has personal circumstances that override their rightness. Most JW
    parents will consider personal circumstances and many will encourage college.
    Most youths that don't get encouraged will think about it on their own.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Can someone call 718 560-5000 and confirm this rumor?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit