Contemplating my end here

by Junction-Guy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

This has by far been the best XJW forum I have ever been on, but the time is coming when I must move on to other venues. The net is very time consuming, and I cant keep up with every post on here, no matter how hard I try.

Im embarking on a new journey here in the next few months, and I just have to break myself free from the internet.

Doe this mean Im giving up on exposing the JW Cult?--NO

Im simply looking for other "real life" venues to get involved with.

There are definitely exciting times ahead of me, Im starting to network with various christian ministries, and Im going to do my best to give a good anti-witness to them.

I feel that my calling in life is in the political arena, and I will work to promote family values.

I just really need a break from the internet, does anyone have any suggestions on how to wean myself, and also to be able to keep up on the news here, without spending alot of time surfing?

• horrible life
    horrible life

My husband and I are still good for the dinner I promised. You have to come to apostafests in Texas. So you have to check in with Big Tex and Nina at least.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Oh definitely, I wouldnt forget Texas for anything, in fact Im already planning a couple of trips to Texas for next year.

It's just that Im not getting anything done around here if I spend to much time keeping up with the chit chat on the boards.

I just need to formulate some kind of game plan so I can reduce my time here and not be hooked all day long

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I wish you all the best whereever the road of life takes you...good luck.

• Es
    Es

All very best Junction guy.

es

• Apostate Kate2
    Apostate Kate2

Hey JG

Looking forward to meeting you in PA!

I go through cycles. If I try to give all my different interests and passions equel attention I'd go mad. My makeup doesn't allow it. I have to completly stop the activity and move on to the next. If you noticed I had to make a new log in name here because I was away so long I lost my password when hubby cleaned my computer out and I no longer use that email account attached to it.

I would log in as a guest to scan for important info like Barbara's CD then look away. I get addicted! I had to take time to get the Adopt A Senior ministry going. Now it's summer and me with heat intolerance I have to stay indoors with the ac on so more time to sit here. Winter I'm out and about.

Bite the bullet my friend if it is time for you to take a break. There are many people in "real life" that need people like us. Christians who don't understand JW's, JW's you will run into, many charities like you mentioned, new hobbies, new friends, I am shocked at how little the people I meet know about JWs.

There is a social worker I work with in a senior facility that really enjoyed me teaching her about dubs. She told me that she did not understand why the dubs that die in her facility leave all thier money to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Just by me spending time to talk to her, she in turn will pass the information along. If you think about it, why would a person bother to do research online about something they don't have that much interest in? It is different when you are having a conversation face to face with someone like us with an almost unbelievable tale of woe.

Be Seeing You,

Love, Kate

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey J-Guy,

Why don't you just cut down to evenings - you know no JWD during work hours and weekends. I don't post much or even read much on weekends. That's my family time. But if I'm home alone all bets are off

Anyway, I'll miss you. Make sure you check in from time to time.!

nj

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

J-G, it is all about self-discipline and....

I have one sitting beside my computer, and when that buzzzer goes, it is time to move on to something else!

You also have to be willing to not read all the threads, be prepared to miss out on something really interesting or juicy, feel dumb when everyone but you knows about an important happening. But that is okay--it means that you are achieving more balance in your life, and that is an important step!

• RAF
    RAF

Yeah there is a time for everything
    So maybe we will read about your new journey occasionnaly on here ...

• changeling
    changeling

I wish you the best in anything you do. You've always been very sweet.

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit