Contemplating my end here

by Junction-Guy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

I wish you good luck for your good intentions, JG!

Just a question: you wrote

I feel that my calling in life is in the political arena, and I will work to promote family values.

What are "family values," and - once they have been defined [e.g., do they embrace all instances of 'families' or just certain configurations] - how are they an appropriate subject for the political arena in preferance to the social/community arena? I'm especially keen to understand how politics and family values should coincide in the U.S. democracy, where public policy hinges on the swayings and leanings of the majority's preference; how should millions of outsiders legislate which values govern one's family?

I am very interested to read your reply.

-V.

• erandir
    erandir
    does anyone have any suggestions on how to wean myself, and also to be able to keep up on the news here, without spending alot of time surfing?

Sure...cancel your home internet account and only limit yourself to viewing the internet during your lunch break at work or at a library.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Well bro, if you feel you have to go, go in peace.

If you decide to stay...YAHOOOOOOOOOOO

I hope we don't have to miss you.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hope you stick around, J-G.

You're a good guy.

• reneef
    reneef

have you ever thought of the police academy JG?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Junction-guy...I hope you stick around. I agree this forum can be very addictive. Lots of good people and good stories and information. You add something here and would be missed. But you are correct, there is a whole big world out there and the internet, even this forum, is only a very small part of it. RL (real life) is the bigger part.

My suggestion, echoing the sentiments of others here, is to limit yourself timewise and topic wise. Pick an hour or two once or twice a week, check your PMs, scan the topics since the last time you were on. If anything jumps out at you, go ahead and read. Or if you have certain posters that pique your interest, click on their profile and click their post and topic links and see what is going on.

But stick to whatever time limit you have set for your self. If you run across a thread that is interesting but is long and you are out of time, just book mark it and read it when you have a few minutes.

Whatever you decide, I wish you well on your journey.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "setting limits" Sheep Class)

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

ReneeF, I work as a corrections officer. Im 36 years old. Back when I was 27, I was very into becoming a police officer. I was at the prime of my life. I was in the best shape physically I had ever been. I scored high on the tests. I was number2 on the physical test. I was doing extremely well. I had the best references, I had no police record, barely a ticket. I did not get hired by the agency I wanted.

I later found out that someone in that department was working against me. It was a major setback for me, one that I still havent recovered from. I no longer have the desire to go to the academy nor go into patrolling. I work for a Law Enforcement agency right now, just as a corrections officer though. This is another part of my life I would like to put behind me and move on, however my pay and benefits are good, so basically Im stuck until I find something different.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Valkyrie, if you have read any of my posts in the last 6 months, I think you would know where Im going with this. My brother is starting his career in politics, and I will be networking with various people, various ministries, and many political groups. I think this is where life is leading me right now.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

By the way, thank you all for your replies here, I know I would miss you all too.

• Gayle
    Gayle

As you can see I am not an active poster here. I work full-time plus and have a large grown family, including grandchildren to be active with too. I had "moved on" with my life in the mid-80s, "BI" (before Internet). However now, I do like to "scan" here for the basic "news" updates regarding JW organization but cannot respond much here. It is awesome to me to see the numbers here and the connection possible for ones coming out of the organization and the exposure happening to the WT organization now, something I did not think possible 20 years ago. I see this Web site as an awesome "half-way" spot or "stepping stone" for individuals and assists to move on. But it is nice to come back and visit with those who share a part of our life that should not be quickly forgotten because it is an experience that must be told around the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit