wedding invitation revoked

by jeanne40love 33 Replies latest social family

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

That sucks. It's that kind of thing that will make your daughter realise that her friends are really all that.

• bluebell
    bluebell

That is so sad, it's good that you have such a balance outlook on things, welcome to JWD

• wizardca
    wizardca

ugh this just reinforces why i let myself fade from the Witchtower. the saying goes blood is thicker than water. i guess that's unless youre a jdub. reminds me of a wedding..asked to be in my good friends wedding several years ago back when i actually into the scene. he was marrying a non-jw and were having the ceremony in a non-denominational church. i backed out from the wedding since it was in a non-jw church/hall/however you want to put it. i missed the wedding and didn't speak to him for about a year. thankfully we got back in contact after that year. i faded fast during that year...wish i had seen the light sooner and supported the friend instead of the jw rhetoric. i regret it every time we see each other. so stupid the indoctrination.

anyways...personally i thnk it is rude to invite/disinvite people to a wedding. my sisters both are jdubs and married in the KH. my dad, a non-jw, walked both down the aisle with nothing being said to either of them. i think it's the elders going amuck. screw the wedding, support family. no gifts. it's just rude to do what they did. maybe they will get the blinders lifted and see how stupid they are being. as someone once said, "you can either have a brother or not. it's your choice". apply as appropriate. but i am surprised she hasn't been df'd. guess you really do need to attend mind altering meetings for that to happen.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I have heard of this and worse.

What about somebody being a bridesmaid in an upcoming JW wedding and then being removed and being replaced by somebody else because she was 'involved' with somebody. I know of a situation like this and it was a stumbling block to NON-JWs who observed this. All this did was show up JWs for being fanatical, heartless and unreasonable.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit