Are you an a-xenist?

by AuldSoul 72 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

"Xeno" is a common taxonomical designation for aliens (strangers) including extraterrestrials.

Are you someone who lacks belief in intelligent extraterrestrial beings? Do you believe it is possible that such extraterrestrial beings exist? Likely?

Do you think it is possible or likely that our planet has had interactions with extraterrestrials?

Do you think it is possible or likely that primitive peoples encountered Gods and/or Goddesses possessed of incomprehensible capabilities?

Could our special advancement have been aided along by benefactors of an extra-earthly origin?

It is a point of avid curiosity for me. I'd love to read pro and con discussion, although I probably won't get to reply much.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• caligirl
    caligirl

I do believe that it is highly probable that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe. I think it would be pretty arrogant to assume that it doesn't.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Are you someone who lacks belief in intelligent extraterrestrial beings? Do you believe it is possible that such extraterrestrial beings exist? Likely? Who knows - if intelligent life developed here, why not elsewhere? Do you think it is possible or likely that our planet has had interactions with extraterrestrials? I doubt it. Although it makes good movies - some of my favorite movies in fact, like Men in Black and Independence Day. Do you think it is possible or likely that primitive peoples encountered Gods and/or Goddesses possessed of incomprehensible capabilities? No. Could our special advancement have been aided along by benefactors of an extra-earthly origin? I doubt it.

• BrentR
    BrentR

After visiting San Franciso I am completely conviced that there are extraterrestrials right here on earth.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

"In my ponderings about our exhistence, I think it is highly likely we here on earth have interacted with extraterrestrials. Whether it be a traditional type God or a spacemen God. I cant see evolution as being possible so I am open to some kind of extraterrestrial interaction. The book Chariots of the Gods by VonDonaken discusses it. Also there are other authors who write of it.

In this world you can see a lot of different things. Sifting truth from bull is another matter.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Auldsoul:

"Xeno" is a common taxonomical designation for aliens (strangers) including extraterrestrials.

Yawn.

Are you someone who lacks belief in intelligent extraterrestrial beings?

"Lacks belief" may be seen as loaded language.

Do you believe it is possible that such extraterrestrial beings exist?

Yes

Likely?

No

Do you think it is possible or likely that our planet has had interactions with extraterrestrials?

Extraordinarily small possibility. Extremely unlikely.

Do you think it is possible or likely that primitive peoples encountered Gods and/or Goddesses possessed of incomprehensible capabilities?

No.

Could our special advancement have been aided along by benefactors of an extra-earthly origin?

Extremely unlikely.

• fahrvegnugen
    fahrvegnugen

An astronomy professor was discussing this recently. The conclusion was that there probably is intelligent life elsewhere but the chances that they are technologically advanced enough to communicate across the vastness of space (let alone travel here) is pretty slim. The distance even to the nearest star is incredibly far and since nothing travels faster than the speed of light, it would take some gargantuan technological leaps to communicate with beings in another galaxy for instance. The nearest galaxy to the Milky Way is the Andromeda galaxy which is 2.5 million light-years away. So if you send a message from here to there at the speed of light today, it will take 2.5 million years to get there--at which point we may have been wiped out of existence or evolved into a higher form of life. Also you have to factor that while the universe is approx 15 billion years old, most earth-type planets hospitable to life formation would be found in 3rd generation star systems which means that you are dealing with a period of only about 5 billion years in which life-forms would have to evolve and develop sufficient technology to reach out across the universe. Anyway, it's all quite mind-boggling...

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    "In my ponderings about our exhistence, I think it is highly likely we here on earth have interacted with extraterrestrials. Whether it be a traditional type God or a spacemen God. I cant see evolution as being possible so I am open to some kind of extraterrestrial interaction. The book Chariots of the Gods by VonDonaken discusses it. Also there are other authors who write of it.

The book, Chariots of the Gods, and the associated television documentary were revealed as a hoax many years ago.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Its another thing i'm not sure about either way, i believe that as we are here there is surely the possibility that there are other life forms or something somewhere, though i don't think it likely we'd have contact with them. So i guess i think its likely but i'm not convinced one way or the other, i think its just another thing i will never know for sure about.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I answer somewhat likely to all of the questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit