I'm sick of "the truth"

by exwitless 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exwitless
    exwitless
    The truth is also that faith in Jesus can lead to eternal life.

It took a whole huge book written over thousands of years to say that? If that's all it's about, why not just say that? If that's "the truth", then I think the rest of the Bible is the 'fine print'. You better read it carefully, so you aren't caught unaware. That fine print will get you every time.

• Satanus
    Satanus

So true. Some of the eastern religions see all religions as spokes in a wheel that will eventually bring people to the central source. I agree, but, most of those spokes are just too long and circuitous, imo.

S

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is the epicentre of the Christian truth and not the whole of it. Everything would be pointless without the possibility of everlasting life.

• Jehovah Saves
    Jehovah Saves

6 Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

• exwitless
    exwitless
    Everything would be pointless without the possibility of everlasting life.

So eternal life is the grand prize and the whole rest of the Bible is the fine print, containing all its disclaimers, rules, etc. Again, if you don't read the fine print, you might be in violation of one of the contractual agreements and not know it. If eternal life is really "it", plain and simple, why did "God" have to make it so darn complicated that it's in an owner's manual thousands of pages long and most people don't even bother to read it? Doesn't make sense to me.

• Jehovah Saves
    Jehovah Saves

Anything complicated in this? 6 Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Jehovah Saves

LOL

Sorry i just had to laugh.

Welcome JS!!

exwit, i agree.

• Apostate Kate2
    Apostate Kate2

"the truth" as spoken by the Watchtower is just a fragment of their cult lingo. One earmark of a cult is that they create thier own lingo that no one uses but them. "The truth" for them is a statement of exclusivity and ownership thus our frustration in hearing it.

The reality of my experience with the Bible is that Jesus is the truth, that the entire Bible from cover to cover is about him. The OT prepares for his coming, the NT reveals and documents His arival.

Of course that is putting it in simplistic terms but I follow a simple truth. ~Kate

• exwitless
    exwitless

Jesus is "the truth". OK. So it is equally true to say "Exwitless is the truth." Meaning, exwitless exists, is a real person, and what you read about what she says is true, meaning she did in fact say those things.

So what??!!! It doesn't mean a damn thing.

Other religions have their way of saying "the truth" too. Some call it "being in the Word", some say that they are "in the Lord". Whatever. It's all the same. It's not just dubs that say it.

• Jehovah Saves
    Jehovah Saves

6 Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If YOU men had known me, YOU would have known my Father also; from this moment on YOU know him and have seen him.” 8 Philip said to him: “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9 Jesus said to him: “Have I been with YOU men so long a time, and yet, Philip, you have not come to know me? He that has seen me has seen the Father [also]. How is it you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in union with the Father and the Father is in union with me? The things I say to YOU men I do not speak of my own originality; but the Father who remains in union with me is doing his works. 11 Believe me that I am in union with the Father and the Father is in union with me; otherwise, believe on account of the works themselves. 12 Most truly I say to YOU, He that exercises faith in me, that one also will do the works that I do; and he will do works greater than these, because I am going my way to the Father. 13 Also, whatever it is that YOU ask in my name, I will do this, in order that the Father may be glorified in connection with the Son. 14 If YOU ask anything in my name, I will do it. 15 “If YOU love me, YOU will observe my commandments; 16 and I will request the Father and he will give YOU another helper to be with YOU forever

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit