Serena Williams - Renewed JW activity & Boyfriends?

by Seeker4 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

This is a paragraph from a NY Times article today on tennis champion Serena Williams. Her comment is in regard to how she dealt with the murder of her older sister a couple of years ago.

"I tried to develop a better relationship with God," Williams, who was raised a Jehovah's Witness, told me over the phone. "You have a strong solid foundation, the Bible says, you won't crack, but the man who built his house in the sand, his house went down spiritually. I have a really strong foundation. That's how I was raised." Williams was never a lapsed Jehovah's Witness — even after she was famous, she claimed she still occasionally proselytized door to door. But as she tried to pull herself together in Florida, she renewed her commitment to her religion, attending Jehovah's Witness meetings three times a week.

But also in the article it talks about her traveling with her boyfriend all around the country, staying together, etc. It also mentions several ex-boyfriends.

I have a feeling that with all the travel and living in various places around the world, you can probably get away with doing a lot of things that a JW under close scrutiny in one congregation would be disfellowshipped for.

S4

• Gopher
    Gopher

There's also the factor of JW stars having more leeway with the organization because of their sizable donations to it.

Also I had never read that Serena (or Venus for that matter) is baptized, even though her mother is. If she isn't, there's not much the WTS can do or say about her.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Looks like she's having it both ways. What's the word for that? Uh...Oh yeah hypocrite.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I have a feeling that with all the travel and living in various places around the world, you can probably get away with doing a lot of things that a JW under close scrutiny in one congregation would be disfellowshipped for.

Obviously all her boyfriends were before her "renewed" activity!

Money covers a multitude of sins!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/91073/1.ashx old thread on Serena Williams Jehovah's Witness

Ditto Prince http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/107830/4.ashx page # 4

• codeblue
    codeblue

Maybe her "massive contributions to the WTBS" and her local KH keeps her off their "radar".

• Open mind
    Open mind

The Watchtower "system" is set up perfectly to enable celebrities to live a double life while at the same time making the local Elders and the WT "innocent as doves" (gag).

Whenever anyone asks Bethel "What's the deal with Celebrity X?" the WT will say something along the lines of "Oh well, if X is a Jehovah's Witness, she/he is dealt with by the local congregation".

(WT's hands are now washed).

Now when rumors arise about Serena or Prince or whoever galavanting around the globe and living/traveling under "questionable" circumstances, the local Body of Elders can fairly truthfully respond with "Oh, well we don't have the resources to stay on top of a situation like that." Although, they probably would only even admit that at a weak, unguarded moment.

(Elder's hands are now washed)

And, of course, the donations keep rolling in.

See, it's a win-win-win!!!

Jehovah's blessing is truly upon this fine arrangement.

Open Mind

• mbb
    mbb

same old story celebs or those jw celebs elders & their so called famous but hypocritical children do what they but every one else gets counselled or worse "encouraged" while they tell their wives everything

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I don't know if she (or Venus) were ever baptized or not.

Maybe they read here.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While these should not be pictures that get you DF'ed, her entire lifestyle indicates someone
    who was never a full-blown baptized JW. She must have been an unbaptized publisher, and
    everyone forgot to look into that "approved" status.

alt

alt

By the way, if she is a sister, she's one HOT sister. Milk done her good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit