Would you live your life differently, if you new what happens after death?

by passive suicide 40 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I don't think there is anything I'm doing in life now that would, if there were an afterlife cause me to suffer or be punished. And if there is no afterlife, when you die you just die, then it doesn't matter how I live my life now.

So, no I wouldn't change anything

nj

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving
    I suggest dying before you die.

Me too. Try a tab of LSD or at least three grams of dried psilocybe cubensis mushroom in a comfortable environment. Don't have anything planned for about twelve hours. Or if you really wanna see what it might be like take it in an uncomfortable environment and go to your girlfriends wedding shower two hours after take off.

GBL

• greendawn
    greendawn

Well if I was sure that there was the prospect of a glorious eternal life albeit in a different non physical body I would try to attain it. It would be worth it relative to getting non existence after death.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

no, i dont live my life because i know or dont now what happens after death.

• Jehovah Saves
    Jehovah Saves

30 And he brought them outside and said: “Sirs, what must I do to get saved?” 31 They said: “Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will get saved, you and your household.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    30 And he brought them outside and said: “Sirs, what must I do to get saved?” 31 They said: “Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will get saved, you and your household.

"Jehovah Saves" is in contradiction to the very scripture you post. Clearly, your own words tell you that Jesus Saves.
    The word "Jehovah" is nowhere in the accurate New Testament.

• Jehovah Saves
    Jehovah Saves

I expect you are familiar with Joshua from the Old Testament? The Hebrew for his name is translated as 'Jehovah Saves' see Strong's Hebrew Dictionary here 3091. Yhowshuwa' (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah) or Yhowshua {yeh-ho-shoo'-ah}; from Yhovah and yasha'; Jehovah-saved; Jehoshua (i.e. Joshua), the Jewish leader Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua. Compare Howshea', Yeshuwa'. Here's what Strong's Greek Dictionary says about 'Jesus' 2424. Iesous (ee-ay-sooce') of Hebrew origin (Yhowshuwa'); Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites Jesus. see HEBREW Yhowshuwa' Look carefully and you will see Jehoshua in both?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

absolutely. If I knew for 100% certain that there was nothing after death, I would do certain things differently

• educ8self
    educ8self

I would hope we'd all live our life differently even if we DON'T know - but then I'm not sure what you're looking for. What I am getting at is just that at some point, it becomes kind of boring if you continue to live the same way - generally speaking. Certainly there are those who kind of dig deeply into one thing and I think that kind of dedication to say make something your life's work is great, so it kind of depends on differently from WHAT. Maybe some people are already doing that, maybe some people tries to make their own little paradise now in their life. Hopefully it's at least differently from how everybody else lives, just in terms of not following the crowd to fit in. It's been said, from non-JWs but clearly people who are convinced of this view that even paradise gets a bit boring after a few incarnations. Perhaps somewhere in there is the question of how easily amused the person is. While some want to engage the world at large, others are happy with a really good gaming console.

• Jehovah Saves
    Jehovah Saves

2 And there will be many of those asleep in the ground of dust who will wake up, these to indefinitely lasting life and those to reproaches [and] to indefinitely lasting abhorrence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit