Would you live your life differently, if you new what happens after death?

by passive suicide 40 Replies latest jw friends

• educ8self
    educ8self

Hmm, something I never thought of is time indefinite is just not definite right - but it seems to be equated with forever? Technically it's indefinite for everybody unless you know the time. Goes back to not knowing doesn't it?

• changeling
    changeling

No, what happens or not after death has no bearing on how I live my life.

changeling

• TLK
    TLK

Daniel 12:2 (New International Version)
    2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

How can those who have been 'asleep in the dust of the earth' then be awake for either everlasting life or everlasting contempt?

Doesn't sound much like 'not knowing' does it?

• educ8self
    educ8self

Actually it sounds a lot like not knowing when you have to resort to quoting another source even if it is the bible. I was simply making the point about the word translated as "indefinite" in the previous quote which stands on it's own. Now if you want to go back to the original subject of the message, it is what happens after death, not whether you'd live again or what happens then. Whether you'll live again after you die and whether you will be well regarded then is a different question from what happens in death, period. In any case you might have faith this and that happens, but if you are saying you KNOW then that is a different story. The original post was very specific about that.

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

Some great viewpoints one, and all...........First off.I've done enough drugs in my life to already be declared dead. Secondly...The reason i posed this question was to prove one thing: Mankind in general is a selfish being. Would you ever have served 'Jehovah' without the promise of eternal life? Would you ever be 'born again' without the promise of going to heaven? Would YOU,REALLY turn a blind eye if you knew for certain what happened after you died? For those of you who say no.I call a romantic, who doesn't grasp the massive grasp of my question... For those who say yes...... i call a realist who are in the same boat as I............. Agnostic? maybe..........realist.......yup! I think being in the 'here , and now' happened a long, long time ago folks.this is a human nature thing. Passive

• TLK
    TLK

See here from the NWT

24 “And they will actually go forth and look upon the carcasses of the men that were transgressing against me; for the very worms upon them will not die and their fire itself will not be extinguished, and they must become something repulsive to all flesh.”

Jesus says the same. See here in the NWT also.

47 And if your eye makes you stumble, throw it away; it is finer for you to enter one-eyed into the kingdom of God than with two eyes to be pitched into Ge·hen´na, 48 where their maggot does not die and the fire is not put out.

Same thing mentioned in Revelation NWT

10 And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulphur, where both the wild beast and the false prophet [already were]; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
    11 And I saw a great white throne and the one seated on it. From before him the earth and the heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Ha´des gave up those dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds. 14 And death and Ha´des were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. 15 Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire.

Make sure your name in in the Lamb's Book Of LIfe unless you like the idea of being 'tormented day and night forever'.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Make sure your name in in the Lamb's Book Of LIfe unless you like the idea of being 'tormented day and night forever'.

Thanks TLK, I'd just as soon go to hell.

• eclipse
    eclipse

IP, I think alot of us will end up going there, according to the fundamentalists

• TLK
    TLK

NWT “Also, the rich man died and was buried. 23 And in Ha´des he lifted up his eyes, he existing in torments, and he saw Abraham afar off and Laz´a·rus in the bosom [position] with him. 24 So he called and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Laz´a·rus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in anguish in this blazing fire.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that you received in full your good things in your lifetime, but Laz´a·rus correspondingly the injurious things. Now, however, he is having comfort here but you are in anguish. 26 And besides all these things, a great chasm has been fixed between us and YOU people, so that those wanting to go over from here to YOU people cannot, neither may people cross over from there to us.’ 27 Then he said, ‘In that event I ask you, father, to send him to the house of my father, 28 for I have five brothers, in order that he may give them a thorough witness, that they also should not get into this place of torment.’ 29 But Abraham said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to these.’ 30 Then he said, ‘No, indeed, father Abraham, but if someone from the dead goes to them they will repent.’ 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone rises from the dead.’”

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

do you have thoughts of your own? or just scripture to paste?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit