Would you live your life differently, if you new what happens after death?

by passive suicide 40 Replies latest jw friends

• TLK
    TLK

What is better, my opinions or God's?

NWT 8 “For the thoughts of YOU people are not my thoughts, nor are my ways YOUR ways,” is the utterance of Jehovah. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than YOUR ways, and my thoughts than YOUR thoughts

• eclipse
    eclipse

I used to feel just the same as you do, TLK

emphasis on used to.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

See even I serve as a pleasure to god. He made me for himself... yes even a wicked person that he might take pleasure in my destruction; eternal torment; whatevah and et cetera, et cetera.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

simply put...nope

• TLK
    TLK

Good verse-maybe you are a prophet in the making?!

Only problem is it doesn't say that Gods will delight in your destruction. It is His will than you won't perish. I think you have a verse for that already?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

TLK,

I prolly hijacked this thread enough for one day and got off topic too much.

If you would like to continue to converse

ipsecguy @ yahoo.com

• educ8self
    educ8self

Why is it fear for one's own well being the lowest common denominator for so many "spiritual" people, or at least why try to motivate on that basis? Isn't there supposed to be something about altruistic love in there? So what if you live forever but remain everlastingly neurotic to time indefinite? That's your hell right there.

• tonic
    tonic

It's funny, my best friend left the JW's at the same time as I did and, while we both are agnostic, he lives his life as: "What if it all means nothing?" I prefer to live mine as: "What if it all means something?" I just find it the better option and living that way means I live fully, richly and wouldn't change a thing regardless an afterlife (or lack thereof).

• anewme
    anewme

Oh yes! I think death is awful and life is over. I really dont place much hope that people are conscious at all after death. We really should rejoice and beam for joy to be alive today.
    And cherish all the ones we love too.

Be happy while you are alive under the sun.

• choosing life
    choosing life

That is kinda hard to answer without knowing what you might find out. Life is what you make it and I think death might be the same. I was watching Bill Maher last night on tv and his biggest complaint about religion was that nobody can tell you what happens after you die, so why all the preaching?

If we were meant to know what happens after death, I think someone would have figured it out by now. Near death experiences do interest me, especially young children. But you can have out of body experiences with hallucinogenics, as one poster mentioned. It does change your viewpoint about what is real. So much of life is an illusion, you must strip off several layers to even get to the real you.

To answer the question outright, no I would not change anything. But we don't have that option anyway, or do we?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit