My last communication with mom & sister

by HadEnuf 21 Replies latest jw friends

• choosing life
    choosing life

Actually it wasn't Hitler who killed all those people. He got others to do his dirty work. Shunning is evil in every respect. The fact they can't see that shows the degree of mind control involved.

Wish you the best with your mom and sis. I hope it's not a long goodbye. There's hope they mighr wake up, like we did.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That was fantastic.

One thing I would probably add is something like "If your heart leads you to think about your actions of shunning me, and want to contact me, and join my family again, I would welcome you back with open arms because of my love for you" Or something along those lines, leaving them an option.

I agree that a sentence should be included that you hope for nothing more than a normal family relationship with them that is not based on guilt. If they ever are able to overcome their bigoted ideology than you will always be there for them.

• hubert
    hubert

Very, very well written, Cathy.

Now go drop it in the mail. If it doesn't wake them up, then nothing ever will.

((((Cathy)))))

Hubert

• watson
    watson

An excellent letter! Don't change a thing.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. To tell you the truth...after all these years I'm not sure I want the stress of having a "relationship" with them. The couple times I did talk to my mom it was so awkward because I cannot speak from my heart about anything that matters to me. Don't think they will ever accept me as I am now (though I feel I'm a better person all around after getting out)! Again...thanks so much. I'm going to think about a lot of what you all said and might make some adjustments to the letter. I definitely am going to send it though. Hug to you all...mumsy

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

very good letter, you have to have a hart of stone to not have a reaction after reading that ( or be under some kind of mind control). I hope this letter helps you heal.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I'm glad you're finally loving yourself enough to protect yourself.

I'm glad you're feeling strong enough to share your honest viewpoint with them, and secure enough to aim to do so kindly, come what may.

Peace to you.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Just one other thought....

divide and conquer.

Is sending this one letter addressed to them both, sort of like viewing them as one symbiotic person and somewhat encouraging that co-dependency?

What about sending something to each of them as an individual? Treating them individually accountable for their relationships (or lack thereof) with you. Deal with each of them 1 on 1, leaving the other out of it?

• dobbie
    dobbie

HadEnuf i think that letters really great and well done for having the guts to write it, i can understand you coming to that point where you want closure, i feel the same thought it is hubbys family like it not mine it gets to the point where all you can say is you have to put your own beliefs and feelings first so that you can move on with your life and not be continually held back.x

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

That is beautiful. Not just because it will get through their thick barrier for even just a second, but mostly because you'll be able to let go. My only suggestion: move the part in the beginning to the end or further on, just so they don't stop reading right there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit