Were YOU Raised In "The Truth" or Did You Convert???

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

raised from toddler in the troof. Why? Bored mother with 2 kids under 5 who lived in a cramped efficiency apartment only a block from a KH in a region with very cold weather in the winter....hmmmm...me guesses the nice pioneers that took her under their wing wanted a warm place to hold 3 - 4 hour studies 2 or 3 times a week combined with a mom who needed adult company to talk to and had lots of questions about the bible and was bored out of her mind by herself with us kids....(dad at time was military, gone alot....also came in and got out of military before his 20 years cause 1975 was coming just around the corner....family took a big financial hit) ....a sure sign that another JW sucker was born the day they knocked on her door.

Nearly 4 decades of this. Baptized over 20 myself. I often had questions because of all the research (both in borg publications and secular ones) I did for years. Generation issue bothered me. UN issue i did not care one way or the other. Protecting the pedophiles and calling BorgLegal instead of the police really bothered me.

So now? Still IN officially for family/friends..but OUT mentally. I can play the game forever if need be, but on my terms. Never screw with someone who has insider information.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "mentally out" Sheep Class)

Min....Sorry to answer your question with a story instead of one word: raised

• BiancaAustralia
    BiancaAustralia

I was raised in the "truth". And Still am in the "truth"

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I was raised as a witless by my mother. My father was not a witless. But he liked my mother getting us out of the house on a regular bassis. And he allowed her to have my brother and I brainwashed.

• DeusMauzzim
    DeusMauzzim

Raised

And used to think I was lucky.. after all you have a +- 1/1000 chance to be born in a JW family

- Deus Mauzzim

(of the finally-learned-some-real-science-class)

• watson
    watson

3rd Gen.

Mom and Dad met at KH.

Thank you Bro Rutherford!

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Raised. Used to think I was lucky. In the back of my mind I think I never would have converted.

Dave

• proplog2
    proplog2

I was raised a JW and then I converted to the "truth".

• brinjen
    brinjen

Dragged up in it kicking and screaming all the way.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Raisin.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Raised & Braised in the Lie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit