Were YOU Raised In "The Truth" or Did You Convert???

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

So far, the "raised" have a vast majority. Methinks that we are the fertile ground for "apostates". It's very difficult for someone who voluntarily joined to just leave, evidently.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    For those of us who converted, I think it is a bit more humiliating when you finally figure it out. Being raised in it really is an "excuse", cause you didn't have a choice. We did. And we chose it.

Oh gosh, the humiliation!!!!!! That had been a necessary emotional rebound in of itself! Having to tell people how I felt who, all along, had been warning me over and over again.

Egad! I need to go think about something else. Could somebody roll a joint?

LOL

• codeblue
    codeblue

Raised---

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

Grandma converted young, when mom was a baby. Does that make me a 2nd or 3rd generation JW?

I'm guessing 2nd :P .

Raised in!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

My grandfather "got the truth" in the '20's. Raised in, never fully believed. Faded several years ago.

BB

• minimus
    minimus

The Watchtower Organization has a lot to worry about. Those that were raised in the "Truth" really were "lukewarm", at best. The core of believers is flimsy, putting it delicately.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Born into it, no wonder why I use to leave my bedroom window open, please someone kidnap me!!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Raised. Totally bought it though for 30 years.

I worry about whether I would have converted had I not been raised. But on balance I think not (impossible to say, isnt it).

I think it must be harder to leave if you have put so much effort into converting - lets face it, its not the easiest religion to join. I mean, join the Church of England and all you have to do is drink tea and attend the odd bring and buy sale, shake hands with people nicely and smile.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Raised....and felt so privileged and lucky ....totally screwed....I believed it all for over 50 years..100%......sam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit