Our Letter of Denunciation or 'Disassociation'

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 21 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I might have added:

PS: God's Will is decided by a 2/3rds majority of the Governing Body, made up of imperfect men who
    are not inspired by God (by their own admission). They have been wrong every single time they made
    predictions that they say were not said in "Jehovah's name" so they are trying to duck being labeled
    false prophets. But the end didn't come in 1914, 1915, 1918, 1925, within a generation's lifetime from 1914,
    1975, or during the 20th century. It is not around the next corner, nor will it arrive by 2034 or any other
    imminent time they might pick next. Send your kids to college and let them plan to take care of you when
    the end doesn't come and you are broke from poor planning. Show them love when they leave the JW's so
    they don't decide to avoid helping you in your old age after a lifetime of your shunning them.

But that's just me. Yours is a great letter.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

WHOA!!! ... Shocking to say the least!!!

• JK666
    JK666

Don't candy coat it Pioneer Spit, how do you really feel about them?

JK

• heathen
    heathen

Yah I agree that last paragraph sounds just a little over done. Kids will be kids and sneaking out to do things mommy and daddy don't approve of is very common . You can't bar their windows and chain them to their beds at night.

• knock knock
    knock knock

I like it. Nice clean break leaving no doubt where you stand. Kick 'em when they're down. :)

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Thank you for ALL these comments. Yes, we debated over the last paragraph as well. These were things that we know of with certainty from first-hand knowledge in this last cong (where are cards are) and the parents were so boastful of 'knowing their kids', it would make you sick.

Thanks.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Yes, we debated over the last paragraph as well. These were things that we know of with certainty from first-hand knowledge in this last cong (where are cards are) and the parents were so boastful of 'knowing their kids', it would make you sick.

Well if you have firsthand knowledge of these things, I'ts not like they aren't going to consider this to be an "apostate letter" anyway and just write it off. I say good for you! I sent mine out recently too and feel it was the best decision I could have made for myself.

• ronin1
    ronin1

I agree with the entire letter.

I would not delete the last paragraph..........no need to 'sugar coat' any wrongdoing by the WTS or their congs.

They do not 'sugar coat' any wrongdoing by its members when they want to Disfellowship someone.

Regarding the facts and truth': "it is what it is".

Ronin1

• gymbob
    gymbob

When I wrote mine all I said was, "I no longer wish to be considered one of Jehovah's Witnesses". Dang! I wish I would have added a few more things like this letter!

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's a devastating letter but I would also advise you to leave out the last paragraph because it goes too far from criticising the org to criticising persons and becomes a personal attack.

You could instead write something less personal like: people in responsibility fail to do what they preach and as a result apply double standards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit