A Jesus Fish-Bone: The Life and Experiences of JCanon

by GetBusyLiving 89 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Doe
    John Doe

JCanon, have you ever considered getting some counseling?

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

terry, maybe he really is the new messiah, and is here to tell us it's okay to be gay. just a thought.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I have far more advanced knowledge than the WTS.

I have never agreed with you more. Great story as well. But how can you love yourself while defending a book that promotes hatred of homosexuals? I agree with Terry. It's such a waste of talent and intelligence.

• JCanon
    JCanon

OK I'll bite.

GBL, how long have you been double posting as JCanon?

What does JCanon mean? Jesus Canon?

JAMES CANON, actually.

JC

• JCanon
    JCanon

What were your nicknames throughout your life?

The only one I remember is being called "Sally Lou all through Jr. High." It was a name that stuck to me for three years.

JC

• JCanon
    JCanon

>My respect to you, JCanon, for being true to yourself.

Thanks. But I'll let you know something. Some people think men who decide to live as women are living a fantasy life, not facing reality. But it takes a lot of courage to go so totally against society to respond to such a strong inner identity. But in the process the person you see is likely closer to the true inner person than so many others who are under layers of conformity. "What you see is what you get" though most think of the opposite. They say that only when you are staring into the abyss can you see your true self.

But I must say, being raised a witness definitely helped in that regard. After all, as children we were required to stand up to the shools and not salute the flag, etc. I had dismissed the value of the world's imput on me at a very early age.

JC

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I had dismissed the value of the world's imput on me at a very early age.

• JCanon
    JCanon
    JC I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY ..AH...HEART..FOR YOUR EXPERIENCE. I READ THE WHOLE THING. AND I THINK I SPEAK FOR EVERYONE ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD WHEN I SAY, THAT , I VOTE THAT WE PRESENT YOUR LIFE EXPERIENCE TO BE PUBLISHED AS A LIFE STORY ARTICLE IN THE AWAKE OR WATCHTOWER. PARTLY AS AN EXPERIENCE AND PARTLY AS A WT STUDY ARTICLE.THERE MUST BE SOMEWAY THAT THE BROTHERS IN BROOKLYN CAN INCORPORATE THIS INTO WITNESS THEOLOGY. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.

Maybe some would like to, but they can't. There is a spiritual "chasm" that is between me and those in the banquet and the WTS anointed. The Bible talks about what goes on in the last days with the anointed ones, so some of the details of what I related are Biblically relevant for some.

JC

• JCanon
    JCanon

Hating somebody because an ancient book of propaganda tells you that you must is hideous! Why embrace such a book and such a mindset?

You have brains and talent and humanity in you. USE IT to better yourself. Hang out with rational people. Go to a Philosophy discussion group. Visit an Objectivist Center. Become political. Throw in with artists who are creating something.

I don't think you get it. For one thing. Did I have a real choice? I volunteered, sure, "I'll do anything!" God took that literally and I got a big assignment. Remember Paul? He was drafted!

On the other hand, I'm in the middle of all the great things happening in the universe right now. I'm the ultimate insider. Why would I settle for less. I'm in the diver's seat of the front car. You want me to look at the race sitting at home in front of the TV. No thanks.

But thanks for trying to rescue me. Folks are pretty descent for what they are able to accept. If they end up thinking I'm hopelessly delusional I know they feel sorry for me and want to do something, but... Anyway.

Thanks.

JC

• JK666
    JK666

What is JIOR?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit