Ever have the shame of knockin on your schoolmates doors as a kid?

by xnmad 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• calico
    calico

YES and they were having a party--what a memory

• xnmad
    xnmad

some of you guys had really understanding mates didnt u? wish i had that, my so called mates were only too happy to take the mick, infact sometimes i think they even had a devilish gleam in their eyes(scuse the punn)whenever they had a chance to make my life miserable.Unfortuanatly that was often due to the fact my parents were so dedicated that they took evry opportunity to come to school to explain our beliefs to evry1, i,d even go so far as to say that if they had ranks for elders based on commitment and fervour, my father would have been commander in cheif.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I came in later, so I never had the school experiences. However, I did make it a point not to work on the street where I lived. And I hated it when I saw someone from work while out in service--though it is not as bad as school (no bullying), it is not exactly fun to run into a workmate while in service, especially one that could have been opportunities for later fulfillment of other things (like family, like social networks, like perhaps other job opportunities where pay would be better, like a whole bunch of other things that the average Witless doesn't even think of).

It was as bad when having to proclaim my religion while at work. The bosses would be understanding (though in retrospect I would rather have worked Tuesday and Thursday evenings than gone to those boasting sessions). Other workers were not always as nice, especially when one had those axxhole Jehovah's Witnesses knock on his door at 7:30 on Saturday morning after working late the previous night. Not to mention lost opportunities that are already too few and far between, and probably will never come again.

Thanks a bunch, you lousy rotten pathetic excuse for a human Ted Jaracz! Hopefully you will join Brother Schroeder in Hell!

• JK666
    JK666

YES! I hated it. It was also terrible because the territory servant would try to shove the territory I lived in on my Mom. I would rather die than preach to people who knew me.

JK

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

BIG TIME every single saturday and this during the patriotic early to mid 1960's

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Oh yeah - all the time. It go to the point where if it wasn't rural territory I was doing, I would find a way to be sick and stay in because there was no way in hell I was ruining my double life lol.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

YES!!!!!

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

The worst part was my mom's disdain-like anger at me as we were walking away from the house because she knew that I was embarassed. (oh, are you embarassed, well, I'm sorry. Do you think Jesus was embarassed of his preaching. You're saving lives. Don't you know this is important?)

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

this is another one of those things you think your alone on. i always thought other kids were proud to be witnesses. not until later, when it didn't matter, did i learn i was not alone. thankfully, i was always the biggest kid in the class, so, when we did run into my schoolmates, they wouldn't give me grief.

• unique1
    unique1

Once and thankfully he was nice about it. I was mortified.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit