Ever have the shame of knockin on your schoolmates doors as a kid?

by xnmad 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• xnmad
    xnmad

Ever wanted the floor to just swallow you up?then spent the rest of the wkend shittin it coz of whats gonna happen when you walk through the school doors on monday morning.Think its affecting my parenting skills as an adult though coz am SO aware of how my children feel about things, and the importance of never making them feel awkward or embarrassed.Makes me wonder how much my parents thought of my feelings?I think they thought any bullying was a necessary form of torture, and would help me feel as christ did,i was probably sposed to enjoy it.

• free2think
    free2think

OMG that happened to me so much, it was so embarressing. They used to look at me like WTF?? Good times.......not

• knock knock
    knock knock

Can't remember knocking on a classmates door but I know that some of them saw me being dragged along in service. It would really have been embarrassing to have to give them a presentation at their door.
    I guess it was obvious even to other kids that I was being forced to do things I didn't want to. So, they seemed to cut me a lot of slack in that way. Thankfully! I was already such an easy mark! lol

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Yes, it was my turn to talk, I was 16, and the hottest jock at our school answered the door........I backed up and didnt say one word! And the sister just looked at me......and then started to speak lmfao. Oh the embarrassment was too much!

• JH
    JH

Well I hated going out in the fs in my neighbourhood...

I became a JW later in life, so no to the schoolmate question...lol

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

Happened to me,

kid from school actually accepted the bible study, I studied with him, while my mom studied with his mom. But during school he'd report to the other kids what we covered in the study and they'd laugh and make fun of it all day long.

It sucked,

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

Ughhh.. such fond memories... ... the worst was standing at the mall with the magazines with nowhere to hide...

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

As a pathologically shy child, being a JW in the context of school, FS, etc., was the bane of my existence. Near to child abuse for me.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

this was always my nightmare..whenever we worked territory that coincided with our school zone I would sweat bullets..I was 15, 16??? I mean I couldn't think of anything worse happening to me.. I would have preferred to be hit by a bus or something..Of course I had my back-up plan just in case it did happen..I think I would think of a non profit organization or something that we were collecting for...or Avon..anything but Jehovah's witness,,,And I made sure I worked with my other adolescent friends so that we would both be in on the "plan b"....sometimes we wouldn't even bother to ring the doorbell and be REAL quiet!!!!! Apparently these tactics worked because I never had a schoolmate open the door..Survival tactics for teenagers..yes that was me!!!!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

It was embarrassing, but I got to a point where in school I'd tell my classmates that I was not a JW, my parents were. And I only went d2d because they made me. That helped alot, kids can be understanding. I didn't stand out because I made a point to fit in at school, my classmates helped me hid things from my parents.

For example, my best friend would take my valentines day cards home with her. When I was in high school, my friend would take my band uniform and flag pole with her, they eventually found out about it and made me quit, but that didn't stop me from trying other things. I'd do what I wanted and take the consequences when they found out.

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit