Ever have the shame of knockin on your schoolmates doors as a kid?

by xnmad 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• carla
    carla

That is one of my kids biggest fears, their dad will knock on one of their friends doors!! They are afraid the parents will find out theat dad being a jw must be some kind of nut case and not let their friends come over or discourage the friendship.

• Gayle
    Gayle

YES!! Not only that, I also called on my teachers! :( They would often buy the mags, but oh no, then I had to do return visits, Yikes! It was awful. Finally, the teacher would say they only got them because of me, not interested in the religion. Then, finally when I became a parent, I re-analyzed it all, which included that I didn't want my children to have to go through such torture.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Yep, happened to me once. He was pretty cool about it though. However, one of my classmates saw me walking down the street heading to the KH on a nice hot sunny day in my 3 piece suit. I HATED wearing suits, especially in the summer. On Monday at school, he told everyone he saw me "spiffed up". I felt like crap.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

AAAHH!!

Bad memories! Bad memories!

• R.F.
    R.F.

I consider myself a lucky one. Even though I was raised in the religion I didn't go door-to-door much. My dad hardly went, and almost all of the time he didn't take me with him. To be honest, I only remember throughout my entire childhood going door-to-door maybe 6 or 7 times.

• changeling
    changeling

Yes, it was so awkward.

changeling

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

The only time it ever happened to me was with a kid that had witness relatives and already knew. I was out with that relative actually so I think it was more of a social visit. I sat in the other room with him and chatted quietly about how much I hated it, lol.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Yes! most embarrasing thing that ever happened to me! One time it was with a girl I liked! I wanted to die!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit