so I told her that I'm in love with her....

by jaredg 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

I first told my wife I loved her while we were dating - she basically said thanks, I can't say it back yet, i don't know. A month later she returned the words and we just celebrated our 10th anniversary. Keep hoping.

Morph (still showing the love)

• jaredg
    jaredg

NICE! Yeah I think she's just being cautious. She has expressed that she cares for me dearly and sometimes says "i 'heart' you" which is pretty cute.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Give it time. She just may not be ready yet. Being a single Mom means that she would be answering and committing 2 people to your relationship, not just herself.

Actions speak louder than words, and you say her actions tell you that she cares deeply for you. It will mean a lot more to you in the long run if she says it because she feels it than it will if she just says it because you did.

Enjoy your trip and let things unfold naturally.

• jaredg
    jaredg

you guys ROCK!!

• FlipThis
  • sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Mistake no. 1

A mistake is when people don't accept and express their feelings! Part of being in an adult relationship is communication.

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

haha.

but the mistake being falling into that at the wrong time. A man should lay that burdon on the woman; it's the 'manly way'. :)

(I'm really just joking around)

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Thanks for the clarification, dude. When you can't hear the tone of voice, sarcasm comes across as being rude. I was ready to pop you...LOL

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

wouldn't be the first time :)

• White Dove
    White Dove

That's great that you two are communicating honestly and their aren't any games being played that have to be figured out. I don't read people well at all. I really like the kind of conversation that doesn't keep me guessing what to say next because I may have read the message wrong. I tend to ask for clarification on things. That can be awkward sometimes but I tell them that I have to fully understand the message so I don't make an ass out of myself (which does seem to happen at times) and to please forgive my shallowness. Oh, that works like a charm, self deprication. See, it's an I hurt myself before you do Face saved!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit