so I told her that I'm in love with her....

by jaredg 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You seem to be a very sensitive and tender guy.

If her actions and body language tell you she's emotionally available, the words will come in time.

But if she can't express how she feels about you, you are setting yourself up for a world of hurt.

If you're ok with giving and never getting, it's not an issue. Some of us a little more selfish than that though.

I know all too well.

15 years.

Good luck.

Just don't ignore your instincts, like some of us did.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Sometimes body language is just as important and sometimes more important in matters of love.

She gave you a hug and you feel "loved". I have known some people that say they love me but their hugs are "empty". I certainly did "feel their love", even though their words said : "I love you".

Consider you telling her you love her as a "gift". We don't always receive a gift back when we give a gift. To me, it's more fun to get something unexpected.

Not knowing your gf, it's hard to say what she is thinking. Maybe she has been bitten in the past by a person who said they love her and then proved otherwise, so she may be gun shy to proclaim the words: "I love you too".

Go on your fun trip...see what happens. Of course, talking with her at a very calm time and asking her how she feels may be exactly what you need.

take care,

Codeblue

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Don't sweat it too much dude. Some people just take longer then others. Be glad she didn't get the bulge eyes and and say, "Oh...um....well...see...I....". Where you going rafting at? I am going to West Virginia for a 3 day trip next month.

• lesterd
    lesterd

NOW, she knows how you feel and will ponder on her feelings, I think she would have told you that that was not what she dating you for, if its question you have, ask them before you cut an run, she may not be sure of her fellings yet. You might ask if she sees a future with the two of you together.

Blessings

• Sassy
    Sassy

the L word is a big step for some if you take it serious.. which it is obvious you both do.. give her time. She may not be ready to say it yet, but it doesnt mean she doesn't..

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

BoomP BoomP BoomP - Another one bites the dust - Boomp Boomp Boomp - Another one bites the dust

Don't you just HATE that Jared! Leave um hanging out there like big mozzarella balls. DAMN YOU WOMEN!

• jaredg
    jaredg

thanks guys!! yeah my gut says to stick with it. it's a great relationship!! we are very open and honest about everything. i know that she has been burned pretty bad in the past and that she has already put down her walls with me, more then any other guy that she has dated in the past four years. she is a single mother so she is extra cautious. she keeps asking me if i know what i'm getting into. i'll let you all know how it goes.
    did i mention that she is absolutely beautiful!!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

She's gorgeous!

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    Leave um hanging out there like big mozzarella balls. DAMN YOU WOMEN!

I can say the same about every guy I've been w/!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Don't you just HATE that Jared! Leave um hanging out there like big mozzarella balls. DAMN YOU WOMEN!

It can go both way, I told my hubby I loved him first and then I waited cuz he didn't say I love you back. He'd been burned before and was being careful. We've been married over 14 years now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit