ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING....

by Mary 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Elvis was from the Debil according to my parents. Along with just about every other non-Country musician in the 20th Century

Ya.....I remember watching a documentary on him a long time ago. When he did his infamous swivelling of the hips on the Ed Sullivan show, it interviewed some parents a few days later and it was hilarious to hear one mother say (in very stern words): "..I saw him on the television.....swivelling his hips. And in our Parent-Teacher meetings, we felt that he should not be on television!"

I wonder how many of these people who thought Elvis was the spaw of Satan, lived to see the likes of Iron Maiden, Ozzie Osborne, Van Halen, etc. Compared to them, a little swivelling of the hips didn't hurt no one or nuthin.

Well, I am an Elvis fan. Not a crazy one, but I thought he was absolutely gorgeous when he was younger....and man, he had a voice like no one else.........Anyway, I came across a beautiful video of him and Lisa Marie doing a song together, that I think is most appropriate for this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlY3NG16rkU

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

When he did his infamous swivelling of the hips on the Ed Sullivan show
    ...my dad made us turn it off. He called it "male burlesque." I was about eight years old - I didn't even know what the word meant, but I knew it must be very bad juju!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I was in Cleveland, Odds are I was getting ready for a meeting.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I was driving home from work, the car radio on, I was teary eyed about the song "In the Getto". When it stopped playing, there was silence, then the DJ said "Elvis Presley is dead." Almost had a wreck.

He was soooo pretty.

• poppers
    poppers

I was working in a meat cooler in Minneapolis when I heard the news.

• poppers
    poppers

He was incredibly generous to people. There was a program not too long ago that focused on his gifts of Cadillacs, some to complete strangers.

• BFD
    BFD

Mary,

That is a beautiful song, thanks. 30 years goes by too fast.

BFD

• Scully
    Scully

I was 14, listening to Music That Debases™ in my room and heard the news on the radio.

I ran downstairs to tell my mom, and she smacked me for "making up such an awful lie". I didn't get an apology when I turned on the TV and she heard the news for herself.

• littlerockguy
  • BFD
    BFD

littlerockguy those are some awesome pictures.

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit