ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING....

by Mary 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I remember his death so well. My youngest daughter was just a few weeks old and we were camping at the beach when the news came over the radio. We were about the same age. I liked his movies back then and had faded from the JW life then. Time flies so fast, my daughter just turned 30 a few weeks ago.

Ken P.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

My dad was watching Perry Mason, he really didn't give a hoot about a "hip gyrating country boy" (his words not mine) and we only had 1 TV, so didn't get all the news until the next day. God forbid he give up Perry Mason. God how I hated that music, was scared to death of it

nj

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I was living in New Jersey where, at the time, you had to be 17 years old to get a driver's permit.

I turned 17 on Aug 16, 1977.

Got my permit, drove my mom to a few errands and heard the news on the radio. I had to pull over to the side of the road so we could hear the report and not crash the car.

-Aude.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I was at Happy Hour when we heard the news and happy hour was not happy for all of us at the bar. It was very sad to see alife cut so short, when it could of been prevented.

Blueblades

• KW13
    KW13

Elvis was a real talent, definitely sad he departed.

This Video from Youtube i think is one of the most tragic i've seen. My aunt is a huge Elvis fan and made sure i watched this at her house.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UispCK7Q--M&mode=related&search=

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit