DO THE GOVERNING BOARD MEMBERS BEILIEVE IN THE CULT RELIGION

by Lotus65 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lotus65
    Lotus65

DO THE MEMBERS OF THE GOVERNING BODY AND THE PRESIDENT OF THE ORGANIZATION BELIEVE IN THE RELIGION OR ARE THEY IN IT FOR POWER IN MONEY I WONDER ARE THEY A CULT FOR THEIR IDIOTIC, DANGEROUS AND SOULS SUCKING PRACTICES OR ARE THE A CULT BECAUSE OF THEIR IDOTIC, DANGEROUS AND SOUL SUCKING PRACTICES ALONG WITH THEM BEING MONEY GROVELING, POWER MONGERS

• blondie
    blondie

btw, all caps is the same as shouting on the internet. Have you been reading any of the previous topics on this board. I hope people just point you towards those rather than re-inventing the wheel.

Blondie

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

I knew several GB members personally. I'm convinced that they are slaves to the same illusions about the organization as the rank and file. Just as the average JW lives in fear of being caught critical of "the F&D Slave," so do they. I think Don Cameron captures the spirit best in his book "Captives of a Concept."

• nvrgnbk
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

From things I've read here and in CoC, some of the GB have to have doubts but suppress them.
    How could you discover that God's guidance is a 2/3rds vote, and then vote on whether your
    understanding of celestial phenomena and the last days should be changed without allowing
    doubts to creep in?

Seriously, they have to train themselves to overlook any doubts in order to maintain their
    feeling that they are doing God's will. I do think the power structure of the organization causes
    them to feel self-important, but they don't do things for money (sort of). They do recognize that
    allowing themselves to stop "going along" would result in their loss of privilege and status and
    loss of their livelihood. They have NOTHING if they leave their positions, so they have no intention
    of leaving, meaning they avoid questioning the way things are done. They feel that they put in
    their dues over a lifetime of being CO's / DO's / Missionaries / peasants for the cause. Just
    because the top wasn't what they expected, they aren't going to leave now.

• worf
    worf

"Do the gb believe in the cult religion?"

No. They don't.

Some of them may have at one time "believed", but the reality is that when all religious "leaders" get to a certain point in their religions, if they didn't realize it earlier, they realize the beliefs being perpetuated are not true and that they are just easily taking advantage of the vestiges of the bicameral mind ( Dr. Julian Jaynes"The Origin Of Consciousness In The Breakdown Of the Bicameral Mind"), that still exist more or less in each of their followers. Knowing this, religious "leaders" like the gb continue to try and perpetuate their control over people because of the lazy, easy, life style that they benefit from: Not having to "work" or really even "think" about how to make a living, and not having to be concerned about where funds to pay bills will come from. Furthermore, they can travel the world whenever they want to with the money from the congregations, and be on virtually perpetual vacations. And there are other factors that can be discussed I'm sure.

And when religious "leaders" such as the gb go against their own writings and supposed laws and doctrines, as has been shown by just about all who are part of this discussion boards and the many other ex-jw discussion boards, that in itself shows that they don't believe their own teachings, but that those teachings are nothing but a way to control people with the objective of perpetuating and enjoying their easy, lazy lifestyle, even if it means covering up pedophilia and other sexual crimes, unjustly removing elders who stand up for what is right, or disfellowshipping those who question things.

I know from my own personal experience, as well as the experiences of others whom I have met, that half of the gb still living and the other half who have died since 2000, all went against the wt's own teachings and letters and the "bible" to commit and/or support various acts of evil. And I'm sure that just about everyone here has either experienced that personally, or knows of someone who did.

When you integrate all the things that have happened over the entire history in the wt, especially since Rutherford, and the things that continue to happen, the answer is no.

The gb does not believe in their own cult religion.

Worf

• greendawn
    greendawn

I strongly believe that deep down they know full well that they are running an elaborate system of deception IOW they are willing deceivers and cruel masters of those they have victimised. To the extend that they don't know it's because they chose not to know by deleting information from their memories something that is also called the singing of one's conscience to desensitise it.

No way they will be putting out so much deception without knowing it. They most probably don't benefit much financially but they enjoy the power trip of controlling the lives of six million people and having messed up the lives (at least temporarily) of another as many that left, and being admired by the R&F as some sort of gods.

Very likely the WTS is being run by other powers well concealed behind the GB and which are the ones really taking in all the profits of this multinational corporation. In this case the GB are just their servants.

• sspo
    sspo

I don't beleive they personally do it for money. They are not rich individuals.

As said, they have been caught in the same lie as we were when we first heard the message of living forever.

I do beleive though every one of them after decades of being around they don't beleive the claim of being the chosen

ones or having the monopoly on true worship.

Where else can they go or do in their older years but enjoy the ride.

• poppers
    poppers

Fro OTWO: "Just because the top wasn't what they expected, they aren't going to leave now."

This is a very interesting and insightful comment. Surely they must have expected it to be different, to actually have god reveal to them directly whatever it is he wants them to know. I wonder exactly what these guys thought the moment they realized that it was a sham.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I wonder exactly what these guys thought the moment they realized that it was a sham.

"OH $HIT!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit