DO THE GOVERNING BOARD MEMBERS BEILIEVE IN THE CULT RELIGION

by Lotus65 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

All of them were in the org for a long time before becoming GB members so by that time they must have had a good idea about the org being a spider web of lies and deception, obviously what it claims does not square up with the truth eg their unique calling (and status) hasn't shown anything worthwhile to make it credible.

And for someone to become a GB member he must be well known and obedient to the existing GB, he must be part of the inner circle and a willing deception pushing whore.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I don't beleive they personally do it for money. They are not rich individuals.

I read a lot around here about how the org. is filthy rich, and people wondering what kind of sums were involved in the settlements etc. So I've been wondering about this; when I was still active, but was doubting things, I would tell myself "Well, at least it's a non-profit organization", as in they of course have a lot of money in real estate, but no one person gets rich off of it. Is this correct (no one is getting rich from this even at the 'top'), and if so, where does all the money go if the org. is so rich? There seems to be a duality here that doesn't make sense to me. If they're only "rich" because they have a lot of buildings and land all over the globe, then I wouldn't use money as a reason to attack them. But if the guys at the top are somehow getting rich personally, then it would be different. Sorry if this is a hijack of the topic.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Do the Governing Bady members believe in the cult religion?

Does an abusive parent believe they have a right to discipline their child even if that means beating them?

Does an abusive spouse believe they have a right to beat their spouse?

Does a sexual abuser believe what he does is okay?

In each case the abusers know that if the authorities were told what goes on behind closed doors they would be in big trouble with the law. But. . . here's where cognitive dissonce comes in . . . in each case they shove down the knowledge that what they do is illegal and immoral.

They push that down far enough so they are not too badly bothered by it. In its place they substitute the belief that they have a right . . . a perfect, and dare I say, a God-given right to behave towards those to whom they have been entrusted to their care.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    They are not rich individuals.

They really are not rich individuals, but after living a monetarily poor life, they are able to live
    just like the rich do. They can meet people for lunches and dinners at WTS expense. They
    can jet around the world at WTS expense, be driven to the door, have clean clothes laid out
    for them every morning, choose the best quarters in the ivory tower. They probably have
    family and friends getting lucrative contracts for WT jobs or for selling real estate, perhaps
    being suppliers of ink, food, paper, or equipment (we know some supply CO vehicles). After
    all, why shouldn't such fine, dedicated life-long servants steer some money to their friends and
    family?

Many of them are not living the high life because they are so old, but not all of them are staying home.
    The really old ones enjoy being practically worshipped, and have probably convinced themselves
    that they really are doing God's will by a 2/3rds margin.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I believe that the GB members have convinced themselves that they are gods channel and that what they do is for the best of the flock, even if it means hurting people along they way, in the end they are helping more than hurting people....... right? Much like alcoholics lie to themsleves the GB are fully aware that they are nothing special and are no different than any other person, what makes them different is there ability to adapt in changing times without missing a step. They must be very miserable knowing that they are living a lie, knowing they cannot let on, forcing themselves to believe..to accept what they preach, it's to late to go back, so they try to keep up appearences. I do think that the GB believe they are helping people find god and do his will, and that somehow all the failed predictions, blood deaths, lies and coverups will somehow be washed away by helping people find god.

• Mum
    Mum

Hey, worf, where have you been? Glad to see you back here!

As to the topic, a lot of people convince themselves to believe their own lies. Who knows?

Regards,

SandraC

• fresia
    fresia

Pride is before a downfall, and all the hype and prestedge that has been placed on the GB over the past decade will crash them. I don't believe in the GB.

The organization is becoming an elitism. Where now it is asked for the r/f no bodies to make lunches and hot meals for the pioneer school. I'm over it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit