How many have gone back to college after leaving the Borg?

by JK666 38 Replies latest jw friends

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I did at the age of 28. I decided not to finish my degree (at least full-time) having landed a plum, well-paying job in an interesting new industry. I am positive that what really helped me land the job was going back to full-time study for a while to clock up a few business/management papers completed with excellent grades (a bunch of A+ to A- passes). My CV is a lot more impressive now and, most importantly, I gained a lot of confidence out of the whole thing. I had proof I was as smart as anyone!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

ME!! I am 5/24ths of the way through a bachelor in business studies - IT and economics. It's very difficult and very boring. I love it.

• penny2
    penny2
    It's very difficult and very boring. I love it.

Do you have a higher boredom tolerance factor after years of meeting attendance?

• penny2
    penny2

To answer the original question, yes, I went to college while still attending meetings. Among other things, I learned about Maslow's "Hierarchy of Needs" theory and started losing the guilt.

• outnfree
    outnfree

I went to college the first possible moment after leaving the Borg. My first class? Logic. ;)
    I have my Associate's Degree in Liberal Arts and next May I will graduate with a BA in French with a K-12 Teacher's Certification.
    I begin student teaching this fall. It's very exciting!
    I am now 52.

out

• Carmel
    Carmel

Over a dozen I bet! carmel of the "group"

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

yep.

In my case, it all turned out to be education for education's sake . . . might be worth it, whether anyone else cares or not . . . whether or not you become a successful lawyer or business person or not . . . you know what you know.

It's worth the trouble, whether it makes you much money or fame, or not; it might lead to a satisfied mind, but only if you're lucky, I suppose.

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?query=lyrics+to+%22Satisfied+Mind%22&page=2&nt=null&encquery=5829aecebf91decc906095bf92f7b6ff63bf2415867b01e7072fe42d35c68125&ie=UTF-8&invocationType=keyword_rollover&clickstreamid=4024465493262800376

Ciao! I hear thunder.

• evita
    evita

After I graduated from high school, I asked my JW mother if I could attend college. She replied, "not as long as you live here." It took me six more years to be self-supporting enough to begin college. I started at age 24 and graduated six years later with a B.A. in English Literature. It took me a long time because I worked and paid for the whole thing myself. I'm so glad I did as it helped me to shed many years of WT mind control.

• mavie
    mavie

Started while in the Borg, continued through my exit and now looking to complete my A.S. next spring. A B.S. might be on its way.

• winnie
    winnie

Just enrolled yesterday!

Working my way towards a career in medicine. Wish I had started years ago...but better late than never.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit