How many have gone back to college after leaving the Borg?

by JK666 38 Replies latest jw friends

• BrentR
    BrentR

I went when I still was a JW as well as my two sisters. Sometimes you just have to buck the system when it comes to your future financial welfare.

• DiscoSandy
    DiscoSandy

I started college 2 years after high school, a year after I was d'fd. A wonderful counselor at the college helped me get financial aid and a part-time job. (At that point I had no job, no money, and no home. Long story, I'll spare you the details.) I 'll never forget her - she was very compassionate and saw a lot of potential in me. She set the stage for my success in college and in life. I remember my first experiences in college - I was so paranoid about worldly college students (even though I was a worldly disfellowshipped person at the time) - I remember literally shaking when I walked through the dorms, thinking I would be attacked or raped. I've been out of college now for about 20 years. I still consider it to be one of the best things I've ever done in my life. As a matter of fact, I'm looking forward to going back again when my kids are a little older.

• NanaR
    NanaR

My going to college and my becoming inactive happened at about the same time .

Funny how that happened .

Ruth

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Just graduated from college two months ago.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I'm still working towards my masters in Business Administration/Accounting.

I took some time off but hope to enroll back next year.

• free2think
    free2think

Ive been doing a few college courses to prepare the way for starting my degree next year.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I did...in my 30's.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I was already attending college when I began fading. I just continued to reduce meeting attendance and increase college attendance until receiving a M.S. in Earth Science.

• Little Drummer Boy
  • greendawn
    greendawn

I went to university while a JW but as for those that leave the dubs I think anyone capable of studying at university level will do so even if part time and through distance learning, using the post or the internet (e-learning) to communicate with lecturers.

Nowadays governments encourage their citizens to engage in learning at any age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit