who have you murdered? my life is over again

by coaster 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

everyone has a Belief System... the trick is to learn not to take ANY BS too seriously.

some questions have NO answer, but all answers can be questioned.

for each answer you find, a dozen new questions will arise...

the more you learn the less you know.

religion is about pretending to know what you only believe.

religioUS beLIEveRS have done you nothing of worth, dont seek the snake oil they sell.

• coaster
    coaster

djk, that is a good thought. life is surreal right now. It has been good finding this place, unfortunately my wife found it too so I am an apostate of course, my poor elder dad and mom would probably wish me to be gay instead of this. I would think apostates are people who lie about jw's and I don't read thier stuff. dont have to when the actual truth is so incredible, who the hell needs to make any shit up...............

coaster

• Mum
    Mum

Coaster, many of us have had similar thoughts and feelings. Please don't do anything rash. Be patient with yourself, and give yourself time to start a better life, step by step. Do you have someone close by to talk to or call? If not, read something positive about how to start a new life. Your local library or book store will have plenty of those kinds of books. Have fun browsing.

Look up some jokes online, even on this forum in the Humor section, and get yourself laughing.

With envy as I picture you looking out at the sea with a refreshing drink and a good book,

SandraC

• coaster
    coaster

sorry all, mine is a nearthebeach cottage, circa 1932. but I can go out on my boat and fish, alone.

holden beach is halfway between myrtle beach and Wrightsville beach (wilmington)

coaster seeee not coasting along like you thought, but as in coast, ocean

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Very sorry to read about your situation coaster and send my compassionate thoughts your way at this time...scary to think how many times this same scenario must play out throughout the JW world ...

On that topic, I was seriously wondering if there is not a way that the enforced shunning and demonizing of people who intellectually rather than morally 'see' things in a somewhat different perspective than that perpetrated by the org can be defeated on a 'human rights' basis?....I I am sure that the different wording used when announcing those who are 'no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses' must have been precipitated in part by human rights laws...any one have any input in that regard?

I really don't want to hijack this thread but can't for the life of me figure out how to start a new thread! (very computer UNSAVVY)

Thank you all for the marvelous work you do on this board! You really have no idea how much therapeutic value this board has...I also wonder if a government grant could not be obtained to start up a "JW Cult Survivor Help Network Line" similar to other 'help phonelines' as the outreach work this board is doing could be multiplied 'hundredfold' and there surely is a need, which is only going to get greater, the more people start awakening. I do believe that there are many, many awakened ones in our congregations who somehow are just 'riding the tide' but secretly wondering who their real 'brothers' and 'sisters' are.

Sorry for rambling...I have a tendency to do that!

Love to you all,

• unique1
    unique1

Who have I murdered?? Noone yet. I think it is the whole fear of blood the JW's instilled in me. I see the stuff and get queasy.

On a serious note, think of all the good things you have in life. Food, clothing, a FREAKIN BEACH HOUSE!, an apparently caring wife and I am sure more. You really need a hobby where you can meet non JW people. Find an Ex JW meetup in your area or join some function at the YMCA or community college or some such thing. Surround yourself with people who love you for your personality and not what religion you choose.

• coaster
    coaster

meeting junkie, I can now help someone. at the top and bottom of your page is a reply click, beside it is one that says new topic which will let you start a thread.

one thing that witnesses are pretty right about is danger of phsyc doctors. Mine has me so jacked up that I am having some great withdrawl shakes right now. but anyway you gotta hear what my shrink advised me, it was like a district convertion demonstration!!!!!!

doc say "you need to explore now, you need to open your mind to new ideas, you should go out toady and buy some TARROT CARDS!!!!!!! Get into witchcraft!!!!!!!!!

I could not make this shit up

coaster

• DJK
    DJK
    one thing that witnesses are pretty right about is danger of phsyc doctors.

I dont agree with that. You just happen to have a doctor that doesn't meet your needs. I know you need to find a better one. First, he/she will have to undo whatever your other doctor has done. I'm sure someone else here will agree with me.

• anewme
    anewme

Dear Coaster, I can really relate to your despair. For me, it took almost 6 years to get over the whole JW disaster after being in the org for 35 years. Coming on board here helped so much. The pain of family rejection was so strong and severe I had to go to a doctor too and get some anti depression and anti anxiety meds. I got fired from my job for breaking down in tears on two occasions in front of customers.

But one day melted into the next and I gradually got better. A thousand conversations with new friends about religion and ethics and God and truth and reality and sin and guilt and heaven and hell resulted in many brand new thoughts and concepts. One important reality I woke up to is the FACT THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE LIARS OUT THERE!!! I know, DUH!!! But somehow I gave the Watchtower a blank check of trust that I should not have. They ripped us off like any other scam. They are a religious scam. There are many of them out there, if not all of them. It takes time for it all to sink in. And then it takes time to get over it and move on.

We are trying to tell you though that your life WILL IMPROVE over time!
    IT WILL GET BETTER!
    AND LOVE WILL FIND YOU AGAIN!

Like the others have said, hang on to your beach cottage because in the future you will be curled up with a true friend and lover and be looking ahead to a new life!

Welcome,

Anewme

• wednesday
    wednesday

actually, tarot can be helpful for self therapy. It is not witchcraft. I had a therapist once who was into it.

I found someone a therapist who is Christian and I began educating them about jws.I will probably provide her with Barbara's CD. I am going to help them help me.

if you can find a therapist who you feel comfy with, then you can educate them if needed. Rapport is so important.

If you need meds, take them. people get so wound up about psych meds, but would never hesitate to take blood pressure meds, diabetic meds etc.

Best

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit