JW.ORG advertising on game/app review program.

by WHATSGOINGON 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    I have to agree with my fellow apostate insidethekH, these two come across as crazy and obsessed.
  • Listener
    Listener

Good research Whatsgoingon. I'm not sure about the maths. 32.57 Thai Baht is equivalent to 1 USD, not 3.5.

If this is done by a lone JW it demonstrates the fact that he sees JW org as a commercial product and can be promoted in that way. The WTBTS should see that what they are doing with branding their image can easily get out of hand.

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

Listener

You are right my apologies - I told you my math was crap,lol.

I still find it interesting though and i will keep digging around.

If the videos suddenly go missing then we will know something has been addressed.

WGO

• unknown ex-jw
    unknown ex-jw
    the owner of the game show is Pongsuk Hiranprueck, a witness from thailand. whether he has the branch's approval to use jw.org logo is unknown. more likely he is acting on his own.
  • steve2
    steve2

I recall a Latter-Day Saint in New Zealand who unilaterally took out some media advertising in the mid-1990s about the virtues of his religious beliefs. It caused lots of embarrassment to local Mormons who insisted they neither knew of it nor approved.

The hapless 'Saint' was censured by his leaders and not a whisker was heard from this individual again.

But before that happened, religious nutters of different hues were tut-tutting the scandalous hubris of it all.

Oh ye who are quick to judge!

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks for the update unknown ex-jw. You have made a valuable contribution to this discussion - which, unlike the shock-horror youtube clip in the OP - has helped shed light on what underlay the use of the jw.org logo.

It will be interesting to see if futrue editions of this game show feature the jw.org logo.

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON
    Unknown ex JW thats great info thanks for that - at least that clears up that situation,lol.
  • SAHS
    SAHS
    Hmmm . . . . now, what was it that Charles Taze Russell wrote way back when, supposedly under Spirit-Direction:

“Zion’s Watch Tower” has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: “All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,” fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication. – August 1879 Watchtower, p. 2.

Oh ya. That’s what he wrote. (That’s what I thought.)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Fake....
  • AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Mike and Kim are the poster ad for their typical apostate (the ones that WTS would like you to think that they are all like): unreasonable, unhinged, insulting and uneducated.

The moment that Mike started hurling insults at other ExJWs, I never watched them again. They're just as bad as the GB. Plus, anyone that starts shouting or ranting, automatically says to me that there's no basis to their argument.

They should take a lesson from JT (Critical Thinker); now THERE'S an apostate that knows how to reason and is all the things Mike and Kim are not: elegant, reasonable, calm, articulate, educated, never insults anybody, and doesn't urge you to see things as he does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit