Do You Have The Desire To Move On From Your JW Past?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I never took you for someone that could believe that. Actually, I'm disappointed in you. You're too smart to not see the history of the Society. It never will change.

I guess I am the eternal optimist

• Highlander
    Highlander
    I am here because I believe that our posts can truly help persons to see the absurdity of the "Faithful & Discreet Slave".

This is now my main reason for staying. Though I'm not a 'heavy' poster, I do hope that I can help people with my views and experiences as a j-dub. I'm also here to see the latest garbage that I'm up against so that I'm not blindsided from my wife in regards to any j-dub issues.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I wonder if some might actually enjoy staying in a rut.

I get that. I tried to explain to my wife how some people live for their rage or
    anger or bitterness. If they let go, they would have nothing. She didn't get it.
    I get it because I have a bit of that.

I am bitter at the organization, not any individuals within. The GB knows good
    and well that their 2/3rds rules and carefully crafted words and directions are
    designed to enhance a corporation and protect it above the individual members.

BUT- if two people in my life were to walk away from WTS, I would totally walk
    away. I would probably check here every month or two just to know what's going
    on. But I would try to get away from ex-JW stuff on a regular basis. I think I would
    enjoy some Apostafests and to become regular hang-out friends with some
    ex-JW's, but I would not want to spend all my time discussing JW stuff.

Personally, I have no issues feeling bad, angry or hostile toward where I am now. I realize that I was raised in a false religion and it's necessary to move on in life. I'm not greatly disturbed because some elders were assh@les or the GB doesn't give a crap about how the decisions they make can adverserly affect the rank and file. It is what it is.

I am going to call you on that, Min. You say you have no issue- that it is what it is, but you
    must include how some elders were, or how the GB doesn't give a crap. You still have
    some issues and you want to think you are above that. It's called denial.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I moved on a long time ago, have a life totally apart from JWs. But this forum is interesting, lots of intelligent folks post here, and I like knowing what's going on, too. Although I don't really care about the GB or doctrines or the NWT - I skip the doctrinal stuff for the most part. Interested in the people.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I actually thought I had moved on pretty well... then I had a breakdown when my dad died and realized I have issued deep in me I probably still havent dealt with when it comes to the cult..

• esw1966
    esw1966

I just wanted to say that I fully agree with what you said!!!

I believed jw for 30 years with my whole heart. Only by a strange set of circumstances was I able to see that what I was taught was incorrect.

I am now happier than I have ever been!

Now, I cannot believe that I ever believed what I was taught. But you are taught to believe what you are told and not to investigate life and it's realities for yourself. DANGER.

I am born again and I love it! There is a much better life outside the org than you could ever imagine!

Ethan

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

not until everyone of my family and friends are out.

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

I thought I had moved on in most ways! I certainly left quite dramatically long ago, but have recently realized that part of my life crash, falling into depression was a result of life in the organization, all experiences from beginning to end majorally affected where I am today. I can say though, that I am working hard to purge that part of my life out of my system.. at the deepest cellular level. Since a lobotomy is out of the question.. I will continue to work through it step by step as I am doing. This forum has helped greatly in my pursuit to total freedom!

LTF

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I've been out since 83. I am about as far away from my JW past as I will ever get in this dimension. I just enjoy commenting with people with common backgrounds. And I am trying to get to 5,000 post. After that who knows, I am somewhat obsessed with finding the meaning of life. Thats probably how I stumbled on this site. What I get reinforced from many here, is there is no meaning to life. Just enjoy the ride. This is not a dress rehearsal.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Having watched the WTS for 27 years I know for sure that they can't change, their nature and objectives are such that they have to carry on as they are, this is basically a business that has to continue with exploiting its members.

Should bad come to worse and the religious aspect of their business falls apart they can carry on with the many other aspects, they have plenty of money and property by now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit