Do You Have The Desire To Move On From Your JW Past?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Sometimes I wonder if some might actually enjoy staying in a rut. Do we forsee ourselves being totally liberated from our former religious past??

Personally, I have no issues feeling bad, angry or hostile toward where I am now. I realize that I was raised in a false religion and it's necessary to move on in life. I'm not greatly disturbed because some elders were assh@les or the GB doesn't give a crap about how the decisions they make can adverserly affect the rank and file. It is what it is. The good thing is that we now can see it and can stay totally out of the grips of these religious cultists!

I am here because I believe that our posts can truly help persons to see the absurdity of the "Faithful & Discreet Slave". Once a person can see how the FDS is a bogus belief, it's pretty simple to start understanding that everything else will come down like a stack of dominoes. When we question how the elders treated us, it reinforces the understanding that these guys are just normal flesh and blood----no better than anyone else here!

When we discuss how JWs enjoy being different (weird) it gets us to realize that these people are really in a cult! Continuously exposing the Witnesses can only benefit us----the "lurker", the "weak" ones and those of us that clearly know that Jehovah's Witnesses are not "The Truth". They NEVER were. Right from the beginning they were wrong! Sometimes they've admitted it but most times won't.

My recommendation to anyone straddling the fence is to RESEARCH, RESEARCH, and do more RESEARCH to prove to YOURSELF that you've been wasting your time----your LIFE, being a Jehovah's Witness.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes and no. I am still a JW but desperately wish for changes to be made. If I left now, I would be disfellowshipped and some members of the family would disown me

• minimus
    minimus

Changes from within the Society??

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Changes from within the Society?? YES -Absolutely. Naive I know!!

• Highlander
    Highlander

Hey Stilla:

I think your a bit like my Dad. He's also hopeful that the j-dubs will make changes or at least become more mainstream.

I'm normally an optimist, but in this case I just can't take that hopeful view that some share.

• minimus
    minimus

Naive?? NO! Dumb? Maybe.

I never took you for someone that could believe that. Actually, I'm disappointed in you. You're too smart to not see the history of the Society. It never will change. Even Gumby knows that.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Yes, and I have. I never got into the bible or their teachings or the lies and flip flops, that stuff never interested me.

What I hope is that my experience, my strength to leave the JW religion and stand up to my overbearing, controlling parents, my determination to stand on my own two feet without the "conditional love and help" from my JW family, will inspire young adults that are dealing with the same issues to get their education, plan their escape and to know that it can be done.

Yes, it was hard - and in my particular situation with a newborn it was even harder. Maybe, just maybe my experience will keep someone from having a child before they are financially ready, maybe it will make someone more movitated to establish friendships outside the JW org and get that all important education.

nj

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I'm ready to move on, but at the same time still interested in what's going on ... is that moving on?

Kwin

• minimus
    minimus

Staying here doesn't necessarily mean you haven't moved on. But I think that some relish the past and refuse to move on (for themselves).

• garybuss
    garybuss

I wished I had a JW past to move away from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit