My hubby just laid down some rules to my elder dad

by Es 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Recently an elder called Mike's mob phone wanting to speak to me, the only person who could have passed on that info was my elder dad.

Mike has been waiting for my dad to call him to arrange to see the kids, as he wont deal with me at all. So Mike said to him I dont appreciate you giving our number out to the elders, we want nothing to do with them or your religion etc... Mike than called me and said there was so much more I wanted to tell him.

I get a phone call about 30 mins later, Mike had rang my dad and said if you want to see your grandkids then there are a few rules you will need to follow, 1. Dont ever give out our personal details (which my dad apologised for and acknowldeged that he shouldnt have done that ) and 2. If you want to see your grandkids you need to speak to your daughter, you can msg her phone or even speak to her.

Mike said he was sick of being the go between and that my dad wasnt setting a good example for his grandkids by ignoring me and not speaking to me, dad speeled off that he has obligations as to why he cant speak to me and Mike replied I DONT CARE!! Its not a good example and Im not putting up with it anymore.

IM SO PROUD OF HIM

es

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

That is awesome! Do you think you'll hear from your dad at all?

• Es
    Es

I have absolutely no idea, in fact I didnt really have an idea that Mike was even going to say that to my dad.

I guess time will tell hey

• bebu
    bebu

Kisses and Kudos to your amazing husband!! Bravo!!!!

Grandpa IS setting a terrible, wretched example of "love", and he deserves to be called on it. I applaud your husband for not letting him weasel out with such a miserable explanation, and laying down the rules!

bebu

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Well if your dad wants to see kids bad enough he will call you!! Good job Mike!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Won't speak to the parent, can't see or speak to the kids. Amazing, I have that same rule.

Your hubby did good.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Good for him! He sounds like a peach!

• Es
    Es

Thanks guys

es

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

I would like to shake your husband's hand. Good man.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Bravo. You are a person and your dad needs to recognize that and treat you accordingly if he wants anything from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit