My hubby just laid down some rules to my elder dad

by Es 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

Es, I was thinking about you yesterday and hoping you didn't give in to that evil elder's request to meet with you because he wants you to dish! I'm glad Mike set your dad straight about giving out his phone #. One of the posters made the point that your father owes you respect if he expects to see your children. If you do not set boundaries and insist on respect, your children will not know how to do so either. Good on both of you for protecting your children's interests in all of this.

Fie on all bullies!

SandraC

• Crafty Lady
    Crafty Lady

I agree with what everyone has said. If your father can't show you respect, why should he have access to your children? That would almost be like admitting that you did something wrong. Your husband really has his act together. What a hero!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Hooray for Mike................and you too Es.

Hopefully your elder Dad will realize that it is "one very stupid and controlling organization" that is causing a rift between a father and his daughter. And hopefully...........the grandkids will be the amalgam that brings a family back together again.

Best wishes to you and the family and ......................STAY HAPPY!

HappyDad

• Es
    Es

Thanks guys, I will pass this on to Mike to read, Im sure he will be pleased.

Gregor- that condition was made first above all else, they know that if my son starts talking about there religion no more visits....

mum- there is no way Im meeting up with the elders, Its been a week since the phone call so maybe they got the msg off Mike that I did not want anything to do with them, and if they didnt he made it very clear to my dad yesterday.

thanks again all

• flipper
    flipper

Es- Mr. Flipper here. One comment. You married the right man. Enough said

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

way to go Mike! Now stick to it, and don't get soft with them.

• Es
    Es

I sure did Mr Flipper

:)

• loosie
    loosie

Bravo Mike. Your husband deserves a special treat (wink wink)

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Buy that man a Fosters

• Es
    Es

will do :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit