Could the WTBTS get JWs to kill?

by serotonin_wraith 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

"Da Birds" will Getcha

Yep,a popular elder from the Rockland Massachusetts Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses would love to say,"there are 7 birds for every human"

APOSTATES R DEMONS in da FLESH

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I definitely think they could get regular members to kill if they wanted. However, they would have a lot of a@# kissing ahead of them to get the governments to go along with it, since most countries have laws against murder. And then they would have to make sure they could get away with it without causing a mass effort to wipe out that brood in the same way we are trying to find and exterminate Al Qaeda.

As for whether they will condone killing others, I doubt it. Recapturing and financial ruining of ex-members is something that they might try (on a local or general basis) because they can hide behind the smoke and mirrors of twisted language, but murder is something that secular rulers will not tolerate no matter how badly they twist the language. They have repeatedly said that they would like to kill apostates (even this thread has a snippet of that article), and the stoning to death of apostates stopped when Jerusalem was destroyed in 607587 BC because of secular rules. They would like to be able to kill apostates by stoning them, but I doubt they will because there is no way they will be able to get away with it.

What happens in lands where anarchy reigns? Even there, they would have to be consistent in policy. Killing in one land because someone has turned apostate might be looked down on in other lands where it is not allowed (remember the Malawi/Mexico disaster?). I think they would be walking on thin ice if they ever did come out and try to have regular members killing apostates, or even if the hounder-hounders were given the authority to appoint executioners in cases of apostasy. That would likely bring the governments down on them. Even in anarchy, they would probably have trouble recruiting new members after pulling a stunt like that. It would just be too blatant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit