Could the WTBTS get JWs to kill?

by serotonin_wraith 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think a very basic mistake is being made by some of my younger associates here: they seem to think that the WTB&TS is against war and fighting and killing because they are a PACIFIST organization. Nothing could be further from the truth. This is the organization that exalts the name of the Israelite God of War and Brooklyn sock puppet, Jehovah.

The Watchtower's objection to war and fighting and killing come from their firm belief that only God can issue such orders. The nations have NO AUTHORITY to order citizens to make war against other nations. However, God, as the author of life, has the right to demand it back.

As the authorized spokesmen for the Jehovah sock puppet, the WTB&TS can pass along to the rank-and-file any request Jehovah might make, and it will be followed.

Of course there will be "spiritually weak cowards" who are afraid to accept the sock puppet's decisions, but there are plenty of disaffected neurotics and borderline personalities within the Kingdom Halls who would zealously comply.

Jehovah's Witnesses are NOT pacifists.

I faced a draft board in the mid-late 1960s - alone. No one goes in with you to hold your hand. Their objective: send me to Viet Nam or to prison. I made my defense, and got my ministerial draft deferment. Not many here can say the same, and fewer of this generation could do it if asked. Today's Dubs don't know the foundations of what they believe; they're like "Easter Christians."

• Quandry
    Quandry

1952 November 15, How do Watchtower leaders feel about ex-members who expose the Society? "We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization . . . "Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates . . ." The Watchtower November 15, 1952 page 703

• Quandry
    Quandry

1952 November 15, How do Watchtower leaders feel about ex-members who expose the Society? "We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization . . . "Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates . . ." The Watchtower November 15, 1952 page 703

• Quandry
    Quandry

I was looking for this quote. Most people in the "modern day" organization don't realize that this is truly how the borg feels about people who leave their organization or are df'd. This includes even young teens who have made a growing up mistake.

No, they are not pacifists. They want all the worldly people dead but are just waiting rather impatiently for Jehovah to get the job done. In fact, I remember reading a quote from an old publication that was possibly written by Rutherford, that if only there was a bomb that could get rid of all the "worldly people and leave the buildings" that would be great.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I was warned by an EX Curcuit Servant, that because of what I do,I should be careful, as they recruit alot of mentally deficiant folks ( well they got me lol) & some one who has been on drugs, might feel that bumping me off would be an asset to the society & Jehovah....I say go for it!!!! who ever you are!!!!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Years of frustration from unfulfilled promises, years of being laughed at by worldlings for being freakish outcasts.. don't kid yourself. These people can kill. It's just a matter of them twisting some more scriptures around. Might be a hard sell getting grandma soft-spoken-special-pioneer to blow her son/daughters head off with a shotgun or to stab an evil apostate in the back with a steak knife. But how about a little poison in their food to make them fall asleep forever.

Its what Jehovah wants after all. You want to be a friend of Jehovah and to be found in his favor, don't you? He that endures to the end is the one that will be saved.

GBL

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Would they go as far as to kill, if they thought God had given that message to 'his people'?

YES

NO TRESPASSING SIGNS
    Watch new special about stalkers UPDATED

• reneef
    reneef

I have no difficulty believing they would go gunning for high profile apostates in the name of their god.

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

my former highschool buddy who got me into JWs said the scariest thing I ever heard from the JWs

he told me that if the society said, this is armegeddon, kill all non-JWs in front of you... he would do it.

I told him that I could not do such a thing as this sort of order would, to me, prove that God was not directing them, as he could not violate his own stated orders... namely to love your enemy...

he was dead serious

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    he told me that if the society said, this is armegeddon, kill all non-JWs in front of you... he would do it.

All you ghouls for god come and get me,eeeek it's the DAWN of the DUBS

Seriously,they better not...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit