Sean Penn and Danny Glover can go to hell

by Wordly Andre 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Whats up with these people going to hang out with Hugo Chavez? Why not go tour North Korea, hell just leave America and go live there!

• Wordly Andre
  • lola28
    lola28

So those that don't agree with the Bush administration should leave the country? Something is wrong with America and what it stands for when it's citizens can not voice their opinions without having someone say "Yeah well if you don't like it leave"

Lola

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

its not the voice against the president, its about Chavez, look at what he has done, a family that I know lives here in exile because of him. Its not that Sean Penn and Danny Glover are against the war, or the president, well who isn't, but don't let yourself be a political tool for some dictator!

• journey-on
    journey-on

There's always going to be those "Jane Fonda" types out there. They think its somehow "cool" to rub shoulders with America's adversaries. They're privileged people who have earned a lot of money entertaining the masses and suddenly they think this entitles them to spit in the face of our country.

They think big $$ earned suddenly turns these high school drop outs or theatrical majors into someone able to understand foreign policy and government diplomatic strategy better than anyone else. They just become so full of themselves that they can't "see" anything but themselves and they don't know nor care what it means to respect our government. Disagreeing and debating among ourselves is healthy and right. But what they are doing is IMO going too far.

But, who cares really? They're just entertainers with big egos. It gets their names in the media which is all they want anyway. Hell, their publicist or PR company probably advised them to "get controversial"! It sells tickets to their stupid movies!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    So those that don't agree with the Bush administration should...

...suck up to dictators who wish the destruction of the USA?

Is that what you're saying?

Isn't there some sort of "third way"? Like, maybe, campaigning for the Democrats in the upcoming US election? If you think that disliking the current president is akin to giving aid and comfort to America's enemies, I don't think much of your reasoning abilities, when it comes to things political!

Remember, these guys aren't just expressing an opinion on the current US Administration, they're throwing in their lot with another country's president, who wishes ill will to America.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

andre, i completly agree with you. i voted for bush, and now i can't stand him, but, this makes me sick. it's like having a beer with hitler after he formed the nazi party.

• hubert
    hubert

Andre....Journey-on....Stephanus.....bigdreaux.....

Lola28......

Hubert

• reneef
    reneef

I saw Maria Conchita Alonzo interviewed last night. She is from there & says they see what Chavez wants them to see in that country, not reality.

Journey on is correct. They are unqualified, uneducated people trying to get attention. They are succeeding, but at what cost?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"who wishes ill will to America."

Since when has Hugo Chavez "wished ill" on America? There is pretty good evidence that America has "wished ill" and then taken action on that wish, towards Hugo Chavez, but not the other way around.

Why are right-wing violence mongers so god-damned intent on making everyone who has some business disagreement, or simply has a different form of government than the USA, into actual enemies and/or boogie men? Hell, not that it really any of our business, but Venezuela is a democracy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit