Where do you go?

by jaguarbass 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

you quit trying to please other people and meet their expectations. you think about what life ought to mean and you try to live it that way. You look around for people who are living noble lives and try to learn from them. You try to take care of yourself without harming others. You enjoy every minute you get, whether it comes from intelligent design or some cosmic accident.

• poppers
    poppers

"Where do you go with your thought process when you have lived long enough and researched enough to come to the conclusion that Jesus and the bible are a fraud? I wish that is not what I see. But having no vested interest but the search for truth and meaning in this life, and the availability of information in this day thats where I am."

Where to go? Why not simply stop "going" anywhere with your thought processes to find truth. Have you tried that? Perhaps the truth you seek is not found in the mind but right in front of you. Stop everything, stop every trace of a search and become present to what is here right now in this very moment. Let go of the mind and just be; just be with what is without labeling, judging, or wishing things to be different than they are.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Gopher, according to your understanding, I may be an atheist.

Poppers, being in the moment is good advice, thanks

Ex witless good analogy

To me, searching for answers to questions like whether or not god exists, or creation vs. evolution, or life after death is like trying to put a puzzle together without seeing what the picture is supposed to look like. Or better yet, it's like trying to put a puzzle together when you can't even be sure all the pieces ever existed.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

why do you feel the need to go anywhere? i found that being at one with myself, let the rest of the puzzle fall in line. just my opinion.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

jaguar, and awakened, i saw a video you too might love. if you go to google video, and search, the naked truth, there is a very interesting video. it is a little long. 2 hour, and a little strange, but, makes some really interesting parts. jaguar, you would espicallly love the end interview.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Bigdreaux, I'm on it like white on the pope.

Thanks.

Heres the link for any interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKbocmMATL8

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i hope it helps you in your journey. it helped me alot.

• poppers
    poppers

"To me, searching for answers to questions like whether or not god exists, or creation vs. evolution, or life after death is like trying to put a puzzle together without seeing what the picture is supposed to look like."

Right. We THINK that it's supposed to look like "something". We take as a guide other people's beliefs and ideas of how things should or shouldn't be, and that's how we become confused and deceived. What if it "truth", for example, isn't anything different than what's already present, and that it's one's MIND that gets in the way of seeing this? Becoming awake to what one actuality is has a way of dissolving questions of "truth" and simultaneously revealing truth.

All questions arise within what APPEARS to be an egoic entity, but does such an entity actually exist that is separate and distinct from everything else? Or is that entity only a mind created conglomeration of IDEAS that is identified with? In other words, "What am I really?" Finding the answer to that question is paramount to any subsequent question because all other questions relate to the "idea of me". Without the "idea of me" what am I? Find out, and then see what happens to questions about "god" and "truth".

• fedorE
    fedorE

Eventually u get a belief system of ur own

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Jaguarbass, I am an atheist; here is my answer.

The underlying fabric of reality did not change on the day you had your understanding opened. What changed was essentially the same as when you went from believing in Santa Claus to not believing in Santa Claus. Your plans will change based on this new understanding, because now you know that this life is not a dress rehearsal for something yet to come.

This is IT.

This has always been IT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit