IS IT FAIR TO PAY THE SAME DEBT TWICE?? Divine Justice...

by Terry 139 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• codeblue
    codeblue

hmmmmmmmm.. not too long after I started fading, June 2003, I visited my youngest son and went the KH with him.

The Sunday talk was about surviving Armageddon. Well, he proceeded to say......you will live a thousand years and then be tested again?

I totally balked at this idea.

What PARENT would test their kid twice? Especially after maintaining servitude and being a good person and getting into the NEW SYSTEM (TM)..........WHY do I need constant testing ????? Why after a 1,000 years would I need to be tested again?

IT just didn't add up for me. IT made no sense to me at all.

Codeblue

• saywhat?
    saywhat?

Why is there so much debate over this? God is Holy and therefore it is impossible for Him to do something wrong. It is impossible for us to think about things on the same level as Him. Proverbs 3:5 states "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding... Verse 7 goes on to state "Do not be wise in your own eyes..." A Christian is saved by virtue of his faith. Hebrews 11:1 states "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." If you have faith in God, then you should have no problem accepting the way God executes His divine justice.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding

Trust is earned, not GIVEN away.

If we're supposed to believe that god is just, then he'll have to prove that he is just. And that's why there is so much debate over this.

Lore

• Terry
    Terry

Just more assumptions not facts. No proof just imaginary ideas and we are supposed to believe you?

Can you take the things you are talking about like electricity and chemical reactions and make life? No! My oh my, imagine that. So you really know nothing and understand none of this. That is the way I see it. Just how do you think you can enlighten others?

Joseph

Your argument out of steam now?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

I've made no claims beyond what your friendly neighborhood doctor would tell you. Science doesn't disagree. What's your beef?

You asked if I can take electricity and chemical reactions and make life. Well, yes! I already have.

I have produced Laura, Jason, Vanessa, Terry Jr., Nicholas, Lillian and Vanessa.

I only used the raw materials on hand.

Further, I've had a grandchild of two years who died of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Alive one minute and dead the next.

I've seen the difference.

• Terry
    Terry
    Just how do you think you can enlighten others?

Not my purpose.

I just ask that people think about what they think about.

Thinking is a discipline and a methodology which requires letting the facts fall where they may even if the results threaten our most deeply cherished world views.

I raise questions and knock down baseless assertions because I'd want somebody to do that for me.

I wish somebody had while I was a JW.

The arguments, discussion, debates and conversations I had with non-believers as a JW were not informed by anything beyond cynicism. Nobody bothered to offer explanations or to help me see where the mis-step was happening.

I've lost lifelong friends, family, cherished relationships along the way all because nobody had the fortitude and indefatigable determination to make certain their belief system was based on anything beyond wishful thinking.

The people who need their views challenged are the least likely to allow it to happen.

Intellectual honesty requires us to expose ourselves to OTHER viewpoints and let the ideas fight it out until something real is left standing.

Then, this hard won battle produces something we can be confident in.

• Terry
    Terry
    Terry, thank you for the reading suggestion. However, puleeez...The Skeptical Inquirer?...Phillips Stevens, Jr.? He's a damned anthropologist, not a quantum physicist.

When you go skydiving never let another person pack your parachute. That is what Skepticism is all about. You are responsible for the jump, the freefall, the rip cord pull and the moment of truth: WILL YOUR CHUTE OPEN?

It is all up to you.

• Terry
    Terry
    Why is there so much debate over this? God is Holy and therefore it is impossible for Him to do something wrong. It is impossible for us to think about things on the same level as Him. Proverbs 3:5 states "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding... Verse 7 goes on to state "Do not be wise in your own eyes..." A Christian is saved by virtue of his faith.

Trusting in the Lord is just peachy.

But, unless He talks to you directly out of a burning bush you aren't dealing with THE LORD at all.

No, you are dealing with something which REPRESENTS ITSELF as the "Truth" from the Lord.

And that, my friend, is a whole other ballgame!

Do some reading on how we got the Bible and your eyes may be opened just a bit. Look at the history of the Christian churches, sects, and cults.

Trusting in the Lord is what every Tom, Dick and Harry claims to do.

It just isn't that easy. It just isn't that easy.

There is no ONE view. Everybody thinks their view is the ONE true view.

Surely, logically you should pause and consider what this really means.

Wouldn't that be prudent?

Out of the billions of people on Planet Earth is it likely YOU just happened to have it all sewn up?

• journey-on
    journey-on

Terry:

I've had a grandchild of two years who died of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome

I'm so sorry for this loss. This happened to a friend of mine, and it's absolutely incomprehensible.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."

Thomas Jefferson

• Terry
    Terry
    I've had a grandchild of two years who died of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome

I'm so sorry for this loss. This happened to a friend of mine, and it's absolutely incomprehensible.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."

Thomas Jefferson

Thank you.

The saddest of all the sad things my eyes have beheld was this sunny day on a grassy green knoll that led up to an outstretched oak tree beneath which was a tiny coffin with a little red balloon tied on dizzily dancing in the gusts of summer wind. The poignancy of that red balloon wrenched my chest with the ugly beauty of it all. Such a small coffin! Such a beautiful day!

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

I've made no claims beyond what your friendly neighborhood doctor would tell you.

Terry,

Wrong again. At least you are consistent. My friendly neighborhood doctor told me that he cannot create life. Your definitions are wrong. And I simply leave the rest for others to see. It is not necessary to refute every argument or enlighten every person. The reasoing goes like this: Luke 9:60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit