Does Someone's Religion Matter To You?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you care if Tom Cruise is a Scientologist? Or that Mitt Romney is a Mormon? Or that a person is either a very devout Muslim or a card carrying Communist?

• JH
    JH

I don't care as long as they aren't trying to convert me to their religion or if they judge my by their standards.

• ninja
    ninja

I cared when I found out my father was a devil worshipper...and he was standing over my bed with a bread knife

• minimus
    minimus

When conservative religious fundamentalists take over, we see how laws can be affected.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i don't care if it's in the case of someone like tom cruise. but, with mitt romney running for president, he can affect your life. i don't think he would, but, he is in a position to instill a bit of mormon values on us. i actually supported him, still do a little, i may vote for him, not sure yet.

anyway, my point is, if someone's religion can affect my life, then, yes, i care. if not, do as you please.

• minimus
    minimus

I think religious view CAN play a very important part in policy----esp. if one's constituents are leaning toward a certain belief.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

in my day to day life... no i dont give a hoot... i meet someone who is devout, good for them i think... now when they start to condemn me for my agnosticism, or possible atheism, well then thats where i start to care... but most dont... some of the most intelligent people i know are very religious.. and hey are great people to debate with... i think religion is fascinating, and it teaches you alot about a person....so no, i dont care....

the infamous one

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

It does, and doesn't.

I could never date or marry someone whose mentality and spirituality is rooted in lies and deceit.

I could, however, get along fine with anyone based on where our beliefs intersect.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

i don't care if it's in the case of someone like tom cruise. but, with mitt romney running for president, he can affect your life. i don't think he would, but, he is in a position to instill a bit of mormon values on us. i actually supported him, still do a little, i may vote for him, not sure yet.

anyway, my point is, if someone's religion can affect my life, then, yes, i care. if not, do as you please.

Yeah, that. Same way I feel.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Interesting you recognize communism is a religion minimus.

I see no reason why it should really matter to me as long as they try to harm me or others. Beyond that, they are welcome to their belief or lack thereof.

When conservative religious fundamentalists take over, we see how laws can be affected.

Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit