Public Reproof will be made as scheduled.

by badwillie 34 Replies latest jw friends

• badwillie
    badwillie

I want to let all of you know that we have decided not to contest the Elders decision to publicly reprove us tonight. After a lot of thought, we feel in the long run that by letting this go ahead it will only make the Elders and the organization look guilty, not us.
    The elders have basically ordered us not to talk about what our "crime" is with anyone. So we have decided that we will tell others what our crime was NOT, i.e. "we were not reprooved for fornication, not for drunkeness, not for gambling, not for smoking, etc". This, coupled with the fact that a least a few do know what it is for, may hopefully help to open the eyes of even one or two people. If not, then it may plant a seed that will linger in their minds.
    I thank all of you for overwhelming support, advice, and encouragement. My wife (Mrs BadWillie) was truly blown away by the response our story generated yesterday. Thanks again!
    - BadWillie.

• Kent
    Kent

Send a mail to every member of the congregation, and tell them WHY this happened!

That should be something. And, don't forget to send a copy to your lawyer and the local press - AND to the UN!

Also, bring a journalist to the meeting tonight, and give hime a real good information about what and why. Then he can talk to the arrogant assholes after the meeting - and a scandal is on the run!

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• bj
    bj

Badwillie,

As Kent sugested, make sure you be present for your announcement (you shouldn't be ashamed)and especially also MAKE SURE that a journalist is with you. If you can find some friends who can come with you the better. After the announcement, stand up, and tell the audience WHY you left. Make some photocopies of the UN letter, and spread to the audience and tell them look it up for themselves.

It will be your last chance, after it will be to late. All the best.

Joe

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

I agree with Kent & bj.

I don't know if I would have the courage to do it. I hope I would. I think it helps that you have your wife with you & you wouldn't have to do it alone.

closer

Mean People Produce
    Little Mean People

• barry
    barry

Dear Badwillie,
    This behaviour by the elders is just not normal. Im an SDA and the SDAs would have to be one of the most conservative religions around. Ive studied with the JWs in the past and I know most of the teachings. Ive been an SDA all my life and Ive seen people dissagree with the churches fundamental doctrines by standing up in a meeting and challenging the minister when he tried to push the official position that the SDA church is the remnant church of revelation chapter 14. Three members stood to there feet each saying they regret the position the pastor had taken and that was the end of the meeting when the pastor quickly retreated and said that he didnt beleive it either. Others in the church beleive the SDA is the remnant church its like saying the SDA is the only true church. This incident is not unusual with doctrinal positions. But how can you argue with the UN thing its not even a doctrinal position its a fact.
    Barry

• barry
    barry

And no action was taken against anyone

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Don't tell anyone? Whatever happened to trials at the city gates?

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• bj
    bj

My brother did it for his disassociation. I was with him. The only thing we regret was we didn't had a journalist as the audience turned literally hysterical. Some even came to beat us, but the Attendants (who for that special occasion were all Elders)stopped them.

Remeber, you're not anymore under the Elders, don't leave them tell you what to do. If you can prevent the local police the better. Your HUMAN RIGHTS are being violated.

If you can hire a special microphone (that are used in strikes) it will help you to make sure your message is reached.

Bonne fĂȘte

Joe

• Prisca
    Prisca

Badwillie,

I'm sorry that you have been treated so harshly by the elders, but I hope this will help open the eyes of some. I admire the courage of you and Mrs Willie - don't be afraid to stand up for what is right!

The elders told you not to talk about it? Who do they think they are? The mind police? Opps, sorry, we're talking about the WTS here, aren't we?

Don't be afraid to tell people why you have been reproved. It is unusual for both a husband and wife to be publically reprooved, so maybe this will wake a few people up.

Hang in there!

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Badwillie,

Because you have only recently come out of mind control you are very timid in dealing with your elders.
    Please go to the meeting when they announce your reproof, it will put you in a better position for latter when you come out of mind control even more than you already have, and can see more clearly what you need to do.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit