Die hard jw's see any problem with Sept km?

by carla 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bobld
    bobld

I believe there is a conspiracy in HQ and they want to nip it in the bud.

Bob

• garybuss
    garybuss

ESTEE, You wrote: Am I getting the gist of what you are saying? The JWs are people who seek "truth"?
    I don't know that the subculture Witnesses seek the truth. They treat the Watch Tower religion like a salad bar and take what they like and pass on the rest. They all seem to end up with something different. We all know some of them. They are the Witnesses who don't shun. They don't allow the elders into their lives. They aren't elders or pioneers. They'd rather read the Bible than a Watchtower magazine if they are religious, if they aren't they skip them both.

Watchtower Witnesses are loyal to the Society even if the Society is wrong, like they are wrong now about blood medical treatment. Watchtower Witnesses aren't usually very religious. They are elders, Ministerial Servants, and pioneers. They are loyal to the company. If they are religious, the company is their god. Watchtower Witnesses typically only use a Bible for secondary support. Being "right" is more important to them than truth.

Another element, I'll call Jehovah's Witnesses, look like Watchtower Witnesses from a distance, but they are not. The Witnesses with a religious side tend to know the Society is out in space on many subjects. They'd look and act more like a Bible Student than a Watchtower Witnesses. They'd go with their Bible understanding if it conflicted with a Watchtower magazine article. A Watchtower Witnesses will go with the Watchtower article every time.

I know such Witnesses and they argue against the Society's teachings more than I do, yet they keep up associations. One would wonder why they keep associating when they have so many disagreements with the Society's published opinions. I think they must keep associating because of tradition, family, and social benefits. I'm not very religious and my personal interest isn't religious it's secular. I'm more interested in the study of the sociology and psychology of the group.

I don't usually see a Watchtower Witnesses leave unless they are kicked out which is very seldom from my experience.

I might not know what I'm writing about. I noticed a few Witnesses in the past who were skeptical of the Watch Tower Society but now I'm noticing a lot more, maybe half, maybe less. Maybe it's a United States and Canada thing.

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner, I haven't been able to access my history for a few days.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This piece of writing is one of the strongest, most succinct things the Watchtower has ever written to prove it is a cult.

Compare the statements to Liftons guide to mind control:

1. Environment Control. Limitation of many/all forms of communication with those outside the group. Books, magazines, letters and visits with friends and family are taboo. "Come out and be separate!"

Thus, "the faithful and discreet slave" does not endorse any literature, meetings, or Web sites that are not produced or organized under its oversight.–

2. Mystical Manipulation. The potential convert to the group becomes convinced of the higher purpose and special calling of the group through a profound encounter / experience, for example, through an alleged miracle or prophetic word of those in the group.

"Under the guidance of his holy spirit and on the basis of his Word of truth, Jehovah provides what is needed so that all of God's people may be "fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought" and remain "stabilized in the faith." (1 Cor. 1:10; Col. 2:6, 7) Surely we are grateful for Jehovah's spiritual provisions in these last days."

5. Sacred Science. The group's perspective is absolutely true and completely adequate to explain EVERYTHING. The doctrine is not subject to amendments or question. ABSOLUTE conformity to the doctrine is required.

For those who wish to do extra Bible study and research, we recommend that they explore Insight on the Scriptures, "All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial," and our other publications, such as those that discuss the prophecies found in the Bible books of Daniel, Isaiah, and Revelation. These provide abundant material for Bible study and meditation, whereby we can be "filled with the accurate knowledge of [God's] will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, in order to walk worthily of Jehovah to the end of fully pleasing him as [we] go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God."–Col. 1:9, 10.

These statements also show the Watchtower promotes the following.

6. Loaded Language. A new vocabulary emerges within the context of the group. Group members "think" within the very abstract and narrow parameters of the group's doctrine. The terminology sufficiently stops members from thinking critically by reinforcing a "black and white" mentality. Loaded terms and clichés prejudice thinking.

7. Doctrine over Person. Pre-group experience and group experience are narrowly and decisively interpreted through the absolute doctrine, even when experience contradicts the doctrine.

8. Dispensing of Existence. Salvation is possible only in the group. Those who leave the group are doomed.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Well the thing is that the Watctower Witnesses are those who follow the Org, what ever it say's. They are the ones that are blinded completely and act without thinking. So for them it will be just another direction from God's Organization in order to save them from the Armageddon that is just it is just about to start.

The Jehovahs Witnesses are those who in the end leave the Org because they only to follow Jesus, and that is why in this forum we have so many active Jehovahs Witnesses

• oldflame
    oldflame

I think the GB is running scared like little rabbits . They make up control issues as this one in order to keep what little of their flock left. They are nothing more than the devil himself and I hope they all know just what they are doing to their salvation. What I do not understand about cult religions like this one is how can they read even their own bible where it says that the Christ is the way and the light of the world and no man comes to the father except by me and turn that around and say except through their GB. Believe me folks I tell everyone I come across which is alot of people about this religion and ya know what ? They in turn tell others and before you know it ? They are not getting any new people ! HA ! I say to those who control these people, their day is coming, I am just glad I do not have to stand in their shoes the day when Judgement comes...Praise Jesus !

• Amyfa
    Amyfa

I showed my friend this (he stopped shunning me for a few days) and this is what he said

"I agree with that totally"

How can someone agree to be told what they can and can't read?

Think I am back to being shunned again now.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I was a Watchtower Witness as a child. I would have insisted tho then I was a Jehovah's Witness. I had questions then, but was told I would understand "later" with more knowledge, so I learned to "stuff it". I was an obedient child, vacation pioneered, later after school, I regular pioneered for 5 years, mostly unquestioning during that time. Then, went to Bethel for 5 yrs. Questions happened there some but that was extremely scary for me, I knew the consequences, so I only "self-condemned." Then, when I was around 30 yrs old, a maze-like thinking started happening to me, self-thought started to pick up going forward, but I would desperately try to back-track, trying to make my religion right, it had to be right after all my work in the organization, all I had ever known. I became somewhat inactive during the next years, but by mid 80's I came to the finality that the WT was "all" a lie. I was sickened by the organization's (governing body) dishonesty about '75 fiasco, blaming it on the "people" not themselves, sickened about so many things. The unraveling of the WT spider web took me a long time. So you never know, there could be many there yet going thru a process. I hope, tho, that they can get online & read books so that they can un-"scramble" what the WT has done to their brains and hearts and before the WT brain & heart cementation sets in.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can't understand how they don't see the contradiction they tell non JWs to examine their religious beliefs for their validity and yet they won't even study the Bible without the FDS aids. The FDS clearly wants them to see the Bible as suits his objectives so they won't allow any other interpretations, in 1981 they kicked out of Bethel many dubs that began independant studies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit