Die hard jw's see any problem with Sept km?

by carla 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kwr
    kwr

I could never be part of a religion that changed it's doctrine every month. I didn't realize that the Watchtower was seen as part of sacred scripture until I came here, I thought it was just a magazine with bad art.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

If they were truly seekers of truth, then this would not be an issue.

Sad. Very sad.

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

this very topic is being discussed on the beliefnet debate board and from what I can see, the JW's there are are pulling the old "what they MEAN by that is ..." or "they're just saying that ...". It's sad really. There it is in black ad white coming straight from the org and they continue to make excuses.

On a side note, I started watching "The Gayana Tradgedy", a movie about the life of Jim Jones, the cult leader of "the people's temple". I'm only about halfway through, but some of the similarities between tactics he use and things the WTS does is unnerving to say the least. He even set up a judicial comittee to "counsel" weak ones and keep them in line! WOAH!!!! I can't wait to see the rest of it!

jelcat

• logic
    logic

Garybus. I think you have nailed it down pretty good. They are going to do a weeding out process. I think they realize they aren't going to get much larger in growth and have decided to stay status quo. To do that you would have to iliminate any people who think for themselves. Keep all the well programed robots who will keep donating their money. Soon there will be no doubt that they are a cult. They will have people who worship the WTS only.

• freeme
    freeme
    'why would we want to get together without the aid of the wt's, cong or elders?

exactly. thats what they answer. i asked them. this, or its the fds who wants protect us from the evils outthere. nice from that fds... dont you think? so lovely.

Remember - they HAVE the Truth, so they don't have to be worried about circular logic, 'cause... y'know - it's the Truth!

exactly... thats the main problem. "its the truth!" "why do you think that?" "its the truth!"

• steve2
    steve2

The warning in the september KM is not new - its only distnictrion is that it is possibly more detailed than the usual warning. But it is not a new message. Look what happened in Bethel in 1980/81 and the official warnings than followed.

• garybuss
    garybuss

In the more recent past, rules, warnings, and insults were implied and ambiguous. Obviously the Society is taking posture to begin a more pointed method. The recent KM article is one example of the new explicit approach. The member's only Watchtower magazine no doubt will eventually evolve into a format to reach the Witness people since the Service Meeting is turning into a poorly attended meeting.

The ones who do show up at the Service Meeting are typically not the ones who are the targets of the direct messages. The Society needs to try to influence the slackers and those will more likely be found at Sunday Watchtower Study meeting than at a dark of night Service Meeting.

In the past the Society wrote it's messages in implicit, obscure language and those messages were vague at best. Vague is unclear because it's expressed in indefinite terms and abstract context. Many of the articles, such as the alternative military service article, are confusing and reflect either imprecision of thought, or confusion.

Like the voting article, I read that 5 times and I still don't know for sure what it said. I think we're gonna see some more direct rule setting. The current KM article begs the question: Will they enforce it? And How?

• jgnat
    jgnat

What's a die-hard JW like inside? He's got a tough outer shell, and a deeply insecure core that's worried sick he's backed the wrong horse. In order to keep up the facade, he's going to do backflips to justify away such a hardline stance. Expect to see lots of excuses.

How about a fence-sitter, or a new study? That person might do a serious HMMM and decide to take an extended holiday from the meetings to clear his head. - - - But he might not tell you to your face. Saving face and all that - - -

• mavie
    mavie

I doubt this will have a major effect on current JW's. They are conditioned to trust the Society. The Society protects them from Satan. This is simply another protection.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I'm kind of seeing two groups emerging in profile. They are Watchtower Witnesses and Jehovah's Witnesses. The Watchtower Witnesses support the Watch Tower Society no matter what. Jehovah's Witnesses question the Society, follow the Bible in context rather than by proof text,

Good point Gary. It makes a lot of sense. The watchtower only wants those that follow them blindly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit