Die hard jw's see any problem with Sept km?

by carla 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

Will die hard jw's see any control issues with the Sept km? I once brought up the fact to my jw that jw's were not allowed to get together informally to do any kind of 'bible' studies without the approval of the elders, gb, etc.. He said that was totally ridiculous and false, more apostate lies. This was long ago now and I'm not sure he even remembers saying it. My question is, won't most jw's find the km completely reasonable? Wouldn't their answer be, 'why would we want to get together without the aid of the wt's, cong or elders?' Will there be any tinge of 'does sound rather cultish' from the die hards? He still claims he can get together any time with any of the 'friends' and have a study and conversation. It still amazes me that jw's can be so clueless about their own literature.

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

sad to say Carla that the majority will only praise the FDS for such a *protection* warning that will keep them clear from Satan and his apostates! gag, I know!

I do think it will not sit well with a few that already see the red flags in the org. they may not do anything about it now but it may bother them. it may be just another seed that gets planted along the way till they are ready to make their exit.

I told my husband (ITIS) I can hear my ex-friends now "what loving counsel about the dangers of independent research! they are so right, just look at what happened to freedomlover and ITIS!"

whatever!

• FairMind
    FairMind

They fear anyone seeing a different meaning than the one they want you to see. Any reasoning person would know that the WTS wants TOTAL control of our lives.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't think the die-hards are going to see anything wrong with any of the new arrangements until they go into effect. And then they are going to start getting hounded or even disfellowshipped for having small groups to study the Bible independently, using secular sources or sources from the King James version, or even doing a little independent reading of the Bible without the approved sources.

This is also the case with other changes. A while ago, there was a thread about caffeine being addressed. For now, it is just a conscience matter. However, they could change that at any time, especially once the new Kool-Aid edition comes out on the Puketower. And there will for sure be a bunch of other changes at that time. It is at that time that many will begin to question the scriptural validity of those changes, and then run into the rule against using independent sources or studying the Bible alone or in small groups without the approved literature as a guide. By then, it will be too late for those to see the changes.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'm kind of seeing two groups emerging in profile. They are Watchtower Witnesses and Jehovah's Witnesses. The Watchtower Witnesses support the Watch Tower Society no matter what. Jehovah's Witnesses question the Society, follow the Bible in context rather than by proof text, and those are some of the ones we might see visit here.

I think we are seeing the same type of separation of profile as happened when Jehovah's Witnesses purged the Bible Students. Right now the Society wants all Jehovah's Witnesses to leave.

They're not looking for apostates, they're looking for Jehovah's Witnesses and if the Jehovah's Witnesses can't be seen as Watchtower Witnesses they are either kicked out or they are badgered out. The heat meter on the control burner is being turned WAY up.

• carla
    carla

That's right! I forgot about the caffeine issue. My jw once was tying to tell me how people at the doors got jw's mixed up with Mormons (?) who don't drink caffeine and now it's a conscious issue? good grief. Then I ran accross an old wt lit (question from readers?) about zoo's not being for 'christians' either. If there has not been new light printed on a subject shouldn't the old still stand? what do elders say about old stuff like that?

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I initially thought (and hoped) that this KM article would be something big, but I now think that it's only 'big' to those on the outside, and the few who are already thinking of leaving anyway. I think it will be a meeting like any other the day it's discussed. Most witnesses (I know of) only use "approved" literature when they study anyway, even if it is in groups, so that part won't affect them.

What I did find interesting, is the line "Others explore scientific subjects related to the Bible". That's pretty much a ban on scientific research (in the context of the article), because how much of science backs up what the Bible says (apart from a superficial study in some of the scientific branches)? So basically any science you could investigate will at some point collide with what you learn in Bible study. -But that won't really be a problem either, since young people shouldn't get an education in this system of things...

I think most JWs will think "Well, it's so close to Armageddon now, that Satan is furious, so we can't allow anything that is not from the organization to distract us, so I agree it's stupid to use the internet and worldly literature to study the Bible".

Remember - they HAVE the Truth, so they don't have to be worried about circular logic, 'cause... y'know - it's the Truth!

• Awakened07
    Awakened07
    That's right! I forgot about the caffeine issue. ... and now it's a conscious issue?

-When did this happen, and in what article? I haven't heard about it before now.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Gary,

In the past I would have disagreed with your analysis. But, now, I am not sure you're far off the mark. The WTS seems to be do their own form of separating work. The question seems to be: how will those in the congregations react to this new situation?

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the situation is not new just forgotten because of the turnover in jws. How many have been around for 27 years which is the last time the "apostate" scare closed down private pre-study of the WT and research of the Bible in "large" groups, more than 2 families or 2 individuals (non-related) (unwritten rule). I remember those days and how single jws wondered what they would do socially instead that was "upbuilding spiritually." It was back to watching "worldly" videos and playing card and board games, perhaps bible pictionary at the very least.

How quickly they forget or never knew in the first place.]

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit