JW apologists struggle with KM article...

by drew sagan 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under_believer
    under_believer

Jesus said that during his royal presence, he would identify a faithful body of followers, a "faithful and discreet slave," and would appoint it over all his belongings. (Matthew 24:45-47; Isaiah 43:10)

No he didn't.

In 1919 that slave was identified as the remnant of anointed Christians.

No it wasn't.

Since then, as represented by the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, it has been the center of theocracy on earth.

No it hasn't.

F***ing self-aggrandizing old bastards.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The tip of the iceberg may be the wanna-be scholars who have websites and want to teach others. But the effect will be felt by any moderately interested dub who looks up something and wishes to include it in his talk or WT answer , Why do that? because he is interested , that's all.

From now, the sharp voiced elders will tell him to stop using false sources, and stick to the c/d rom . They are to lazy to keep up with things, they do not want anybody else stealing the limelight by saying anything not in the paragraph.....

Reminds me of what the WT used to say about the Catholic Church. They lambasted them for not wanting their flock to read the Bible independently . Shades of "Animal Farm" here , the animals have adopted the ways of Farmer Jones - and surpassed them.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I mailed the article to a few JDubs. I also e-mailed a few of the Borg's own artilces on iindependant thinking.

I got my first response. It was, "Please Stop."

Yep! 2 little words.

I almost replied, "Cognitive Dissidence" but I realize the person would not understand. By the way, the person only attends Memorial service. Not a regular attendee. So, I think this article will prove to the Society its followers follow.

I like hitting a brick wall!

Skeeter

• still_in74
    still_in74

The WTBTS published this GOOFY doctrine years ago:

January 15, 1994 Watchtower magazine

Pages 16-17 paragraph 5

Jesus said that during his royal presence, he would identify a faithful body of followers, a "faithful and discreet slave," and would appoint it over all his belongings. (Matthew 24:45-47; Isaiah 43:10) In 1919 that slave was identified as the remnant of anointed Christians. Since then, as represented by the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, it has been the center of theocracy on earth.

I realize this, but the point I was making was that the "governing body" seemed to be given the title FDS and the rest of the annointed the "domestics" The WTS has always taught that the FDS is the remnant of the 144,000. The GB are members of the FDS "representing" the FDS as you quoted above.

Perhaps there has not been a change in teaching but I dont ever recall the GB being applied to that scripture as a seperate entity apart from the 144,000. The scripture seems wordy and awkward when the the Master appoints the FDS (the 144k) over other the Domestics/FDS (the 144k)

Am I crazy here? Did anyone else get this from the 2007 DC?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit