For Those That Married JW, Did You Have Sex Before Your Wedding?

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I'm sure this has been covered before. I'm wondering, though, how many who got married as a Jehovah's Witness actually waited for their wedding day?

Thanks. It's for a "good cause," namely my peace of mind.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

I was never a JW, but I married a JW in a KH back in 1979. Though we had a strictly platonic relationship for the three years that she lived under her parents roof, when we met up after a year apart in a new city under different circumstances, we got to know each other in a carnal manner. After having what seemed like non-stop sex for 6 months, we figured we might as well get married. Out of respect for her JW parents, still to this day, we never admitted to pre-marital humping. You know "spare the truth save the parents". My brother on the other hand who became a JW, was a virgin on his wedding night.

edited to add...our marriage is still in tact, my brothers ended about 7 years ago. Go figure.

• unique1
    unique1

No, I waited. I was a good girl.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I didn't even have sex after we were married.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

We didn't have actual intercourse until our wedding night. However, back in 1963 the standards were different. Fornication was defined as sexual intercourse, so anything less than that was not fornication and therefore not a disfellowshipping offense. According to today's standards, we did a lot of fornicating.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes. Once the wedding date was set, I cut it down to a weekly basis. It didn't matter to me that I'd already given birth to our daughter and we had been together for 4 years at that point. He was never jw. I felt guilty as hell for not abstaining. [Now, I don't. There, ggbg & crumpet's threads are connected!]

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I certainly did have sex with my man before we married but by then I didn't consider myself to be a JW anymore! I also knew a couple of JW youngsters who were definitely fornicating, god weren't we a hypocritical bunch!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the squirts when they hear the word "fornicating"?

• eclipse
    eclipse

Stealth, define ''squirts''

I'm a little slow on the lingo...

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Stealth, define ''squirts''

Tummy cramps, light headedness, 2 hours in the bathroom wishing you were dead.

I find the term to be such a watchtowerism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit