There is nothing wrong with the WTBTS being a member of the United Nations

by Gill 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Apparantly, these days it is general knowledge in our local congregation that the WTBTS had joined the United Nations as an NGO!

This is not a problem I am reliably told by a local relative.

The UN Nations deserves the same respect as any other Governmental authority and just as Jehovah's Witnesses would obey the law of the land there is no problem in being part of the United Nations!

I know JWS have their minds well and truly under control, but as I remember the United Nations was bad mouthed from its inception by the WTBTS.

Hyprocrisy, lying and Slander were all words that crossed my mind when talking to this relative, but the huge pointlessness of trying to wake up a JW from their 'cosy' fantasy world suddenly struck me and I made my excuses and left.

• Arthur
    Arthur

You must remember that this is the same organization that has no qualms about coaching it's child members how to be deceitful on a witness stand in a court of law; all under the guise of "Theocratic Warfare".

In the minds of faithful Watchtower Witnesses, whatever actions suit the organizational interests are acceptable; no matter how many intellectual gymnastics one must perform to rationalize them. Unfortunately, rank and file members are not treated so charitably.

• Gopher
    Gopher

You could mention that according to the UN's principles for non-governmental organizations, an NGO must actively promote the ideals and activities of the UN.

How could the Watchtower do that, while still saying that the UN is the "image of the beast" mentioned in Revelation and in opposition to the ideals and activities of God's Kingdom?

If a JW could fully comprehend that question, you could probably watch their eyes spin from the cognitive dissonance.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

The UN Nations deserves the same respect as any other Governmental authority and just as Jehovah's Witnesses would obey the law of the land there is no problem in being part of the United Nations!

well then in that case I'm going to vote and support my local political party

• Forscher
    Forscher

I guess they all need to go back and read the Know Jehovah book.

Forscher

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

I grew up hearing of all those persecuted in different countries for not supporting their political parties, what do they think the United Nations is?

It was forbidden to sing the national anthem, it was forbidden to salute the flag, it was forbidden to join anything that was outside the organization. How things change so easily, if it is them that makes the decision.. I guess they had some holy enlightenment that it was okay now.

I am so disgusted!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Theres a new group of suckers every year.

• avengers
    avengers
    Re: There is nothing wrong with the WTBTS being a member of the United Nations

Indeed! There's nothing wrong with being associated with the UN.

Not the fact of being associated with the UN is wrong.

What's wrong is that you tell your members not to be associated with the UN with the punishment of being disfellowshipped and then self associating while wiping

your mouth and saying: "I did nothing wrong".

hippocrate bastards.

Andy

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    The UN Nations deserves the same respect as any other Governmental authority

That has been my reaction all along.

Slim

• avengers
    avengers
    The UN Nations deserves the same respect as any other Governmental authority

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit