There is nothing wrong with the WTBTS being a member of the United Nations

by Gill 21 Replies latest jw friends

• fokyc
    fokyc

Watchtower 2001

November 15p.19par.14JehovahIsOurRefuge

14 Anointed Christians are like alien residents living in tents apart from this system of things. (1 Peter 2:11) ‘Not even a plague draws near their tent.’ Whether our hope is heavenly or earthly, we are no part of the world, and we are not infected by such spiritually deadly plagues as its immorality, materialism, false religion, and worship of "the wild beast" and its "image," the United Nations.—Revelation 9:20, 21; 13:1-18; John 17:16.

"the wild beast" and its "image," the United Nations

fokyc

• coaster
    coaster

There is a way WT could support the UN's principals, goals, etc.... Don't forget, they want worldwide peace, and human rights, and possibly one government running it.... sound familar? We have just wanted to acheive it from a heavenly source, while they try to themselves.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I must confess I haven't really looked into this UN NGO thing thoroughly. Is this something that most active JW would know about, but it has been explained away? If I asked my parents, would they know about this?
    Has there been any official WTS articles about this? Because... Well - anything outside of the WTS literature would be considered to be lies and damned lies by my parents, I'm quite sure. So 'proving' it with outside sources wouldn't work well (especially scans or things found on the web, 'cause they can easily be forged). However, if I could show them an article from the WTS - even if it "explained it away" - then I could use it. Or - then they might know about it already. But to be honest I very much doubt they know about it, and if I told them, there is no chance they would believe me unless there was an 'inside' source. That's the problem with a closed society like that. Outside sources that are even slightly negative are "from the Devil".

• undercover
    undercover

Two things about the UN scandal that did it for me...

1. The hypocrisy. For years I heard scathing talks about how Christendom was doomed because of her ties to the governmental authorities. Per WT doctrine, the book of Revelation is specifically speaking of the UN when talking about the Wild Beast and its image. Why would the WTS come anywhere close to associating with the Wild Beast or its image?

2. The denial. The story was broken to the world through the English newspaper, The Guardian. Granted, the reporter wasn't a fan of the WTS or JWs but that didn't change the facts that he printed about the status of the WTS being an NGO associated with the DPI of the UN. Within hours, not even 24 hours, the WTS had disassociated itself from anything to do with the UN. Then they came up with some bullshit story to cover their tracks. Their story denied that they ever compromised their principles. So why did they see the need to distance themselvs from the controversy?

I know this gets harped on from time to time but I feel that it is very, very, very important that we use the correct terminology when speaking of the UN scandal. The WTS was never a member of the UN. Only national governments can be members of the UN.

If we run to all the JWs we know and try to tell them that the WTS was a member of the UN, it can actually backfire on us. It can make us look uneducated on the subject. Since JWs are conditioned to treat all negative press about the WTS as lies and propaganda, it would be easy for them to ignore the subject as the ramblings of deranged, lying apostates bent on spreading lies about the WTS.

• DannyHaszard
  • journey-on
    journey-on
    the huge pointlessness of trying to wake up a JW from their 'cosy' fantasy world suddenly struck me and I made my excuses and left.

This is how I'm beginning to feel. The WTS has put in place so many safety nets for themselves that anything they do or have done can be explained away. They've done such a good job of eliminating real thinking skills in their drones, that the possiblility of the r&f actually seeing the hypocrisy in the UN thing is almost nil. Only a few with half a brain will be able to see it. Their minds have been numbed.

All we can do is drop a few seeds here and there and hope they take root.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The United Nations NGO is fine.....Just don`t join the YMCA.You can be disfellowshipped for that!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• I quit!
    I quit!
    The UN Nations deserves the same respect as any other Governmental authority and just as Jehovah's Witnesses would obey the law of the land there is no problem in being part of the United Nations!

What do obeying the laws of the land have to do with joining an organization commonly refer to as the "Whore of Babylon" by the Watchtower? This is typical of the faulty reason witness you to justify their beloved Watchtower.

• golf2
    golf2

"Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers .....quit touching the unclean thing' " 2 Cor.14-18
    What example are they setting IF they are mingling with the beast and world?

Golf

• lavendar
    lavendar

They always seem to have an answer and an explanation for all their wrong-doings!

Nothing but sheep in wolves' clothing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit