showed wife the new km article. bad decision.

by freeme 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• freeme
    freeme

hey guys.

sometimes im really next to crying (better: im crying).

i try to replay my todays conversation as good as i can: i showed my wife the km article (09/07 Questionbox) and asked her what she thinks of it. she read it and said something like "i can feel for the slave. thats important. good article". i asked her gently why does she thinks its important. "because its for the unity - if this wouldnt be forbidden jws were like all other religions where there is no unity". i said i cannot disprove this, but asked her at what cost this is achieved. she looked like a question mark. i said: "what if the the 'truth' isnt truth but we wont ever know because noone is allowed to test it". i cited the "examine everything"-scripture. she looked angry. then i made a mistake. i said: "when we cannot prove it we maybe preach for the wrong religion and preaching is useless if not a mistake". i saw the fire start burning in her eyes. "WHAT?! the ministry is useless? are you kidding? do you know what you're talking about???!" she got incredibly angry and told me: "at this point i dont wanna talk with you anymore". i thought "wtf?!" but stayed calm and asked her why she is angry. no answer. i told her i dont wanna upset her and that she misunderstood me. i told her that i meant "if we would preach that mickey mouse will come in 10 years and make the whole world to a big disney land preaching would be useless dont you think?" no answer. "all im saying is that it actually MATTERS whether the message is truthful to make the ministry the right thing to do - so how can we know that when we arent allowed to test it? in ministry we tell the people over and over again that they need to examine their believes and SEARCH for truth. only we as jws arent allowed to do it. can that be right?". answer: (shouting at me) "if you do trust in the FDS you dont even need to examine anything. but if you dont you dont have to examine it either because you arent a JW". that was a nice answer of her i think, but only to workaround the real question. also she told me "examining such things is satans thinking and not gods. discussing such nonesense is not good at all.". unfortunately i made a mistake and got louder too saying "but what some humans you dont know discuss and write down in some building in new york is automatically gods word? how do you know its true what they're saying?!". answer: "because i can read it in the bible". me (lowering voice because i hated it losing my selfcontrol): "you cant". she: "i can" me: "its not that easy, have you really tested it?" she: "more than you" me: "i doubt that a lil bit. havent you more likely only studied WTS literature with the bible only on the side?" then she shredded the km to pieces (lol) and ignored me for some minutes.

the conversation continued after that in a different way. talking about what truth is and i tried to show her the circular reasoning she uses. and some other things i dont recall very well (i.e. who shuns who when someone is DAed. is it the apostate who hates all jws or the jws. she think the apostate hates the jws and doesnt want to do with them in the first place. the apostate hurts the jws not the jws the one who left. my dear...) she started to debunk my arguments saying that i dont have any clue and should shut my mouth because i study not enough and dont spend enough time in service. -.- i told her i have that topic almost 24h a day in my head - more often than ever. fortunately i could calm down the fight because i apologized (of course she didnt) for being loud and told her over again that i need her support in that and that i dont wanna hurt her with it but i need to speak about with someone and shes honored that shes the one i trust enough. in the end i just stopped talking about that topic and everything got fine again (in fact the marriage is quiet happy... or would be if that 'jw-problem' would not exist).

later i cried about it alone. i really cant understand how she cant see whats going on. so ignorant. she has no real answer. if i ask her for an answer and point out that she has none she blames me for not pushing her studying more because thats why she got lazy and does not study enough to give me an answer. its so hard. its like talking to a freakin' wall. sometimes it seems to me she does not understand one word im saying and the more i try to explain my point the she doesnt understand it. i dont want her to agree when i say something. but why cant she think about my viewpoint even though she doesnt like it instead of getting angry about it?! why does it have to end in a fight? im a monster because i doubt humans who put themselve in gods position. the woman who promised me to be there for me even in bad times forgot to tell me that its only valid if i have the same opinion. if i do not i can only hope for hate. the funny thing is that i can relate to her thinkings... i mean some years in the past i likely wouldve thought in a similar way... not completely similar (im was always a lil' sceptic person), but i wouldve defended the "truth". but its incredible to see it on your wife when you see the whole thing with different eyes. on one occasion i told her (it was a mistake, i regret that) that i think one day she will open her eyes too. she said that she swears that this will never happen in her life...

thats a crazy world we live in. im in fear that this could destroy our marriage sometime. its so stupid. sometimes i even fantasize about suicide. i really feel worthless. its not only my wife. its everything. my whole life is based on the jws. so much pain, so much pressure, so damn lonely :"( it would be bearable if only my wife would support me instead of throwing me to the dirt. i dont think i would commit suicide ever but sometimes death doesnt look THAT ugly anymore. at least for many jws someones death is not as bad as someones deassociation... a apostate is maybe lost forever... a dead person only for a short amount of time. fortunately im not a weak person and i recover quickly from feeling worthless (going for a walk can do wonders). but that cant be healthy...

i nearly forgot: im still active. i live a minimum but active jw life. its a lot lieing. but it i cannot stand the consequenzes not to lie yet.

thanks for everyone who read this. thank you! --<--@

"good people do good things and bad people do bad things. only religion can make good people do bad things." - forgot the author

freeme

ps.: sorry for my bad english. i hope you can understand it nevertheless. english isnt my mother tongue. (sorry terry ;))

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I feel for ya bro. Hopefully with time, your wife will see them for what they really are.

Peace.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Freeme,

You're trying to do what's right, and in her own organization-directed way, your wife is too. You're not pathetic, it's just tough trying to walk the fine line you are walking. You say you're not ready for the consequences of totally exiting the Borg, but it sounds like it's rough this way too.

We're here for you and I hope this will work out for the best for you. It's hard when somebody puts "their idea of Jehovah" ahead of you.

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((Freeme)))

Wow..... I feel for your situation. Being the only one in the family and trying to "leave the Jw's" is tough.

Just remember, it might take your wife her "own terms" to have her rose colored glasses broken. Nobody can break them for her.

I never thought I would have started fading in 2003, as I was a very staunch JW. My husband was heading "out" before me and everytime he spoke against the "org" it put a rift between us.

He finally got smart and said: nothing bad. He didn't go to meetings. He just finally arrived at the point of knowing no one can break the news to you about the JW's.

Please hang in there. I know it is a very tough life right now. Have you considered finding a counselor in your area that deals with exiting a cult? I really think this is what would help you out, besides posting here and reading here. You might consider seeing your family doctor and telling him about your anxiety of leaving this religion.

We at JWD "care about you" and have walked in similiar circumstances.

Take care,

Codeblue

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

((((((((((((((((((((((freeme))))))))))))))))))))

First of all, suicide is not an option, and don't say that word unless you want us (JWD'rs) tracking you down and banging on your door

Now, I can't even imagine being in your position. I've been with my husband for 24 years, married 21 and to not be on the same page with him would be horrible, fear of loosing him would be horrible!! I'm sorry I can't offer any advise or say anything to make you feel better or handle this. All I can offer is a big cyber hug (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((freeme))))))))))))))))))))))))

nj

• Hermano
    Hermano

Dude I feel for you. I had the same experience when I tried talking to the wife about it last night. Big mistake. She didnt see it the way i did.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    if i ask her for an answer and point out that she has none she blames me for not pushing her studying more because thats why she got lazy and does not study enough to give me an answer

I got that same BS line from my ex, blaming me for not taking the lead. EACH person is responsible for their own dedication an the taking in of knowledge. I was like you examiming the "Truth" and finding out it wasn't. She wants to be told how to worship instead really finding out for herself what truth is. To blame it on you is weak, to say the least!

• freeme
    freeme
    You're trying to do what's right, and in her own organization-directed way, your wife is too. You're not pathetic, it's just tough trying to walk the fine line you are walking. You say you're not ready for the consequences of totally exiting the Borg, but it sounds like it's rough this way too.

yeah, thats so true. she isnt evil at all. i know its not easy for her either. she doesnt get THIS angry for no reason. its hard for her too... i dont want to hurt her... its just... i dunno... sometimes i HAVE to speak about it with her... i dont see a solution yet. i really hope things will change sometime...

We're here for you and I hope this will work out for the best for you. It's hard when somebody puts "their idea of Jehovah" ahead of you.

yeah. i also fear that when im out the elders will build a wall between my wife and me... in a try to protect her from me :/ this imagination makes me very sad. i hope that wont happen ever... i used to feel sorry for jws with non believing spouses once... now i see it wasnt easy for the non jws too :/ so much pain for nothing... incredible...

• coaster
    coaster

I am your pain, and can not talk to my wife and son (at Bethel) about it any more. I tried suicide last year---could not cope with all I had going down the crapper. Now on lots of drugs to be stable. Only your wife can help herself, and never argue. You could ask her for help. Ask her how you can explain to people at the door why our New Testament uses the name Jehovah, while theirs does not. She may even know that we have restored the name "when quoting the Hebrew Scriptures" so just wait until you see a study in the Revelation book and ask here why we have inserted the name Jehovah there when it isn't quoted from the Hebrew Scriptures. In fact not once in Revelation is "Jehovah" part of a Hebrew quote, and there are dozens and dozens of other place in the NT it is not a quote.

We have changed the Bible in a big way and in many other ways to fit our own doctrines. Truthful people to not do things like this and keep it hidden.

still coastin, but still in

• flipper
    flipper

Free Me- Mr. Flipper here. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. Believe me my friend many on this board have dealt with this, too. Welcome to this board and we are here for you if you want to post or talk about it. Try to let your wife know you love her, and keep the emotions and shouting down, that can cloud reasoning in a highly volatile state. Wait to talk with her when you guys have cooled down a bit. Just a little advice from been there done that!. Peace out to you my friend, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit